Trending Topic - Show full Title when cursor Over?

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by IMGone, Feb 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    A lot of the Trending Topics have long titles that are only partially shown. Seeing the rest of the title could really indicate whether it was of interest or not to the Reader. Showing the quick tips or whatever it is called when your mouse remains over the text and shows more information, e.g. the full title in a little pop-up would be great.

I'd love to see the forum the post is in as well, but the real estate is just not available.

sobore, resipsa99, kiwi and 1 other person like this.
  2. resipsa99
    Original Member

resipsa99 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've noticed that cursoring over the thread titles in the list of threads in a forum does this - think this is fantastic, and agree with IMGone that it would be great if this could be applied more broadly.

3. A minor issue with lots of mouse-over text\tricks is it results in more bandwidth across a site.
    It may seem like little bytes, but aggregated across the site or for mobile users it can be an issue.
    You can also run into browser conflicts and JavaScript\CSS issues as the page becomes more complicated.
    It can be a really important navigation aid, adding real value.

Trending title makes sense to me, but mouse over stuff needs to be used carefully. (As M*P so far has)
    Its a good suggestion :)

4. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    This would be nice and helpful. I wonder if it would be more beneficial since more bandwidth may be used by clicking on the title and returning if one chooses not to read the thread.

5. resipsa99
    Original Member

resipsa99 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good point. Guess I have a pretty fast connection, so haven't noticed it. It would certainly be a drag to have it slow down and agree that the slow down isn't worth having pop ups.