TREAT YOURSELF TO A LONG WEEKEND AND UP TO 9,000 BONUS POINTS.*

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by WilliamQ, Jan 22, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. RCTP

RCTP Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmm what about those original bookings. I've made a 15Feb to 16Feb booking last Dec. Will that count or only new bookings count?

uggboy likes this.
  3. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Usually, as long as you register before you CHECK-OUT, you are covered. I tried that with another promo previously, registering while already started the stay and the promo was still valid.

Long Weekend” is defined as Thursday through Sunday night. The offer (“Weekend Rewards”) is valid for eligible stays completed between February 1, 2014 and April 30, 2014 (“Promotion Period”) at any participating hotel or resort in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio click here for hotels who have chosen to not participate. Hilton HHonors™ members must first register at HHonors.com/WeekendRewards prior to check-out of your stay within the Promotion Period. Registered HHonors members will receive the bonus only for nights completed during the Promotion Period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends. Registered HHonors members will earn 1,000 HHonors Bonus Points per night of their stay during the Promotion Period. In addition, registered HHonors members will earn 5,000 HHonors Bonus Points for a two-night consecutive weekend stay within the Promotion Period. For the purposes of this offer “weekends” are defined as Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights.

blackjack-21, uggboy and TAHKUCT like this.
  4. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is " eligible stays " defined? I have a four day award stay coming up and from the terms (readying quickly) I can not tell if Hilton registers award stays, I'd assume not, but you never know. For example SPG giving night credits for award stays.

5. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, I have no clue on that. Till now, I have only been accumulating miles and points and have not redeemed anything yet.

iolaire likes this.
  6. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Blah is this the only 1st quarter promo? :-(

7. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    I appreciate Hilton Gold as one of the best status-tier, but 9,000 bonus points isn't going to be that attractive to consider swinging my stay plans over...:(

mht_flyer likes this.
  8. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, I think there are two other promos for Conrad and Waldorf Astoria.

Do not have them off-hand but can search for it if anyone is interested these two properties.

9. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
  10. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    As usual there's a long list of "non-participating hotels and resorts" from a link at the bottom of the registration page, which gives those properties who have opted out of this promotion. Certainly register for it, but check to see if the location you'll be booking is a participating hotel. I found one that we've stayed at often that has once again opted out of this promotion too.

Best to check that list beforehand so as not to be surprised when no bonuses from this promotion appear for your stay if the property has opted out.

WilliamQ likes this.
  11. WhiteDesert

WhiteDesert Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interestingly, I had a revenue stay last Wednesday night, and so checked in on Wednesday 12 February at about 15:30 local and checked out Thursday 13 February. This stay triggered the bonus, so for at least some properties, checking out on a Thursday might count as a weekend stay.
    I was surprised and I really think YMMV on this one.

WilliamQ likes this.
  12. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    congrats !

13. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I received the 9k for a Saturday-Wednesday stay last week in addition to other bonus points.

WilliamQ and mht_flyer like this.
  14. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    The 1,000 bonus points should be each night (regardless) of the day of the week. The weekend part of the bonus is that if part of your stay consist of at least 2 consecutive weekend nights, you get the additional bonus of 5,000 points. I just completed a Friday + Saturday stay at a Conrad and is waiting for the points to post. I am hoping the weekend promo can be combined with the Conrad promo.

15. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice! Was it a Conrad / Waldorf Astoria?

16. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hilton Garden Inn

blackjack-21 and WilliamQ like this.
  17. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Which HGI, and did you opt for the complimentary brekkie as a HHONORS Gold instead of the 750 bonus points per day? We usually find the HGI breakfast buffet, with the hot egg made-to-order choices and pancakes, waffles, etc., to be worth the choice of brekkie over the 750 points, considering it covers brekkies for my wife and me.

18. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Times Square, NYC. I went with breakfast instead of the points since I would need the protein every day with all the walking over 4 days in the city. Breakfast was at the restaurant next door, but it had great options and egg whites cooked separately on the buffet.

On my stay at the DoubleTree prior to flying to LGA, I took the points. Breakfast didn't start until 6:30am, and I left for the airport at 5am.

ETA: The DT bonus still hasn't posted a week after the stay.

WilliamQ and blackjack-21 like this.
  19. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I've found that the HHonors points/bonuses usually get posted by the Sundays after a stay, as that seems to be when Hilton does their runs of the previous week's stays. Never had to wait more then three or four days after a stay to see it post to my account on the website. Give it a few more days before following up by email to them for the missing credits. Also I've noticed that my points total at the top of the page jumps to reflect a particular stay several days before the actual folio and points post on the lisitings of my previous stays.

WilliamQ and MSYgirl like this.
  20. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    MSYgirl likes this.
  21. WhiteDesert

WhiteDesert Silver Member

Status Points:

Good point. I obviously didn't read the boilerplate or the T&C carefully at all on this particular promotion. It's a better promotion than I had thought.

22. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great. Seems like my 2 nights stay (Friday + Saturday) at Conrad Centennial netted me 22,896 points.

upload_2014-2-17_14-20-53.png

iolaire, WhiteDesert and MSYgirl like this.
  23. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    wow- almost IHG-like in terms of the number of bonus points..well done !;)

WilliamQ likes this.
  24. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, this is only possible with a Conrad / Waldorf Astoria which are amongst Hilton's pricier properties.

25. RCTP

RCTP Silver Member

Status Points:
    @WilliamQ I was there from 15Feb to 16Feb in the Chancellor Suite!

WilliamQ likes this.