Travis’ SE Asian Adeventure: Hitchhiking On Malaysian

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Dec 18, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Yesterday I described my family's general travel philosophy and how we applied it on our current month-long trip to Southeast Asia. After booking our flights into Jakarta, we sat back and waited to see if any deals would show up. We figured in the worst case (i.e. no deals!) we'd book some cheapish tickets over to Penang, rent an apartment for a month, and live like expats. Oh, and attend the wedding of one of my best friends! In late August, we got our wish. Malaysia Airlines ran a wacky mistake fare sale whereby it was possible to book round trip tickets from Singapore to a variety of destinations in SE Asia (and in some cases beyond) for very little money. $50 could get round trip tickets to places such as Phuket, Bangkok, and Manila. But it got better. By booking through CheapTickets, each ticket would also earn $75 in hotel credits. (Now $50.) So we booked each person on their own itinerary and earned $300 in hotel credits. In SE Asia, that goes pretty far! The post Travis’ SE Asian Adeventure: Hitchhiking On Malaysian appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...