Traveling with young kids? Nanny in the Clouds...

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by rwoman, Mar 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    NBC Today: Traveling with young children? Find a sitter in the sky.

As someone who once worked as a nanny, I find this interesting.

:)

Nanny in the Clouds

2. Try to schedule flights that will take place during times your children usually sleep. Packing for travels with kids is a bit paradoxical. Try to strike a balance between having everything you need to deal with any problems they might have, and to keep them entertained, but avoid having too much hand luggage to battle with, when you’ll probably also have a stroller or pram to handle as well.

3. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Richard Branson has an idea! http://www.cntraveler.com/daily-tra...ying-with-kids?s_cid=social_20140715_27869206

Any new ideas you’ve been kicking around for the airlines?
    I would love to introduce kid’s class. It would be a separate cabin for kids with nannies to look after them. We’ve had an issue with the Civil Aviation Authority. They worry in an emergency kids would be running in one direction and their parents would be running in the other. So we haven’t got it through yet.

4. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've known girls who would get trips to Hawaii with the families for whom they babysat. To me that makes sense, bring a known entity with you on vacation, not some random stranger.

Kalboz, IDGflygirl and WilliamQ like this.
  5. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I've known girls who have gotten free trips with families, ours. :)

We've done it a few times, something that I couldn't have easily afforded without having a big stash of miles.

I'm not going to hold Mrs. Pizza and I out to be perfect parents. But, neither of us would feel comfortable trusting our children to a stranger. We don't leave them with strangers in a foreign country and wouldn't do so on a plane.

No idea if we're unique or the norm.

Kalboz, iolaire and IDGflygirl like this.
  6. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points: