Traveling with Qatar Airways...does elite status help with seating?

Discussion in 'oneworld' started by clscholes, Nov 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. clscholes

clscholes Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am traveling in January on Qatar Airways from ORD-ADD, and when I looked at the seating maps I was able to select any economy seat, but they wouldn't confirm the seats because they said I didn't have a Frequent Flyer Card...does my OW status not matter when it comes to seating? Or do I need to be higher than Gold or Plat to get those perks?

2. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    According to OW's website it claims that preferred seating for Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald:

*In accordance with the individual policy of the oneworld member airline operating the flight.

Perhaps QR only allows their own members to confirm seating? :confused:

3. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a QR business class award on AA miles for next year and was able to select my seats on the QR site using the QR confirmation code that AA provided.

4. clscholes

clscholes Silver Member

Status Points:
    I called QR and they informed me that they do not pass out bulkhead or exit row seats except in person, and put a note in my account that was my preference. Let the waiting games begin... :eek:

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    FWIW, I got those seats at the airport on both of my recent trips (exit out, bulkhead back. Exit on the 77W is unlimited legroom, even in the window seat (but there is no window).Bulkhead has extra room but I couldn't stretch my legs all the way out in front of me. Fortunately I had an empty middle next to me so I angled a bit and was OK but without that it would have been mildly annoying trying to sleep. Also, the center 3 in both cases is a bassinet position. Arm rests don't go up and no 110V power but there is USB.

OceanBreezes and clscholes like this.
  6. clscholes

clscholes Silver Member

Status Points:
    That makes me feel better...not that I will get one of those seats, but that I wasn't just getting the run-around. And I will definitely try to go exit row then...legroom is a must!

7. clscholes

clscholes Silver Member

Status Points:
    Getting ready to board to go to ADD on Qatar...thanks to WA for the exit row tip. Got my entire team some spacious seats for free with status!