Traveling to Korea (Seoul)

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by misterbwong, Nov 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. misterbwong

misterbwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will probably (hopefully!) be travelling to Korea next March. Does anyone have any recommendations on SPG hotels in the area and/or things to do? I see we have a review of the Westin Chosun here but does any one have experiences at the other SPG properties?

I know it will be butt-freezing cold in March so I would think that being near a subway station would be ideal for getting around. Thanks!!

alohastephen, uggboy and Sweet Willie like this.
  2. Emos-closet
    Original Member

Emos-closet Silver Member

Status Points:
    The W and Sheraton are located in locations that are beautiful but totally inconvenient. They are located on a hill , just north of the city and taxi's to/from are very expensive and no subway station are near.

Westin Chosun has the best location of all these properties. North of the Han river and close to subway, night markets, Itaewon and Insadong.

Have a great trip!

3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Sheraton does have a shuttle that will take you to a subway stop but really it is a pain. There is a lot to be said for the ease of the Westin Chosun location.

4. misterbwong

misterbwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looks like the Chosun location is the top pick. Thanks for the tips everyone...I'm glad I asked!

5. SensFan
    Original Member

SensFan Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you are a platinum you should get an upgrade to a very, hmm, interesting room if you stay at the W. The bed is round, the bathtub is round, even the toilet is, you guessed it, round. Also, the shower was one of the best that I have ever had (choice of two: rainshower, regular shower head and body jets).

I was only in Seoul for one night but the shuttle to the metro was good. The ride to the hotel is very long (90 minutes without much traffic) but reasonably priced (15,000 won I think). As most people mention, for a tourist it isn't really the best spot. The concierge though was very helpful.