Traveling on Election Day - do you vote?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by katstarr, Oct 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. katstarr

katstarr Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. ConsultingChris

ConsultingChris Silver Member

Status Points:
    It varies by state, but in my state we can vote early in person. We can also vote by absentee ballot if requested.

katstarr likes this.
  3. iterfacio12

iterfacio12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've lived outside the states five out of the last seven years and have voted every single year (through absentee ballot during my expat times). All I can say is that your vote is one of hundreds of millions, and is worth any one of those mystery men and women. Men and women fight, bleed, kill, and die every day around the world, non-stop, for you to have that unique and precious privilege to help decide who your leader will be. Take advantage of it.

deant likes this.
  4. katstarr

katstarr Gold Member

Status Points:
    yes, if you read my blog post, that's the conclusion I reached too. thank you.

5. iterfacio12

iterfacio12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry if that came out all obnoxious; I did read your post, and I'm rather happy you've utilized (or will) that privilege.

6. Laptop Nomad

Laptop Nomad Silver Member

Status Points:
    If I am on travel I vote early. I have never missed a chance to vote even as an expat. As iterfacio12 said before it is a benefit that we enjoy.

7. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I too will be traveling on election day this year (and have done so in the past) but will be voting by absentee ballot...this election has far too much at stake to not vote...

8. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    My wife and I live in California. Here we can request permanent absentee voter status - which my wife and I requested many years ago. Allows us to vote even if we have last minute travel comes up.

9. sellthesedownfalls

sellthesedownfalls Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for the reminder! I'll be in Thailand over election day this year and I just looked up early voting, which I will be in town for. I'll have to pack my shirt with my favorite candidate on it :)

10. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am happy to say I have never voted in a presidential election!

Rejuvenated likes this.
  11. ella
    Original Member

ella Silver Member

Status Points:
    Texas has early voting, and I always take advantage of it. Even though my vote doesn't usually count in this state, I still have my say.