Traveling advice for a youngster

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Romanwinter123, Aug 16, 2017.  |  Print Topic

Tags:
  1. Romanwinter123

Romanwinter123 New Member

Status Points:
    Hello all,

I have finally saved enough money to pursue my dream of travelling to locations such as Thailand, Vietnam, Bali, America, Brazil and many more places. I will be away for around 6-9 months, however, I'm a little concerned that I know little information regarding visas and how they work.

I completely understand that some countries will not require visas, however, I'm also concerned that I will be denied entry should I arrive there without the right documentation. It makes me feel a little anxious and I know it could quite easily be nothing.

I wanted to know whether anyone in the whole forum has experience with Visas or of course whether I would need them at all. I may have backed myself into a little panic over it but I would much rather safe than sorry, especially as it is access into another country.

In terms of the places that I've found, I've briefly been in touch with some guys (for America), but again I only know of these companies because they have UK offices. They all have great reviews, but I'm just not confident in my investigation skills at all haha. :(

Please, please, please could someone on here help me understand just so I can get a better understanding of it all and if so someone who is genuinely going to help me with these applications!

Thanks everyone!!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

misman likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Whether you need a visa in advance or not depends crucially on the passport you will use to travel. What citizenship(s) do you have? Also, what is your residence?

This can also depend on the purpose of your trip (presumably tourism, but working, visiting friends/relatives, doing missionary work, meeting a potential fiancé/fiancée can make a big difference) and how long you intend to stay. Some countries require a ticket (and any necessary visas and other travel documents) for onward travel, while others might require you to show proof of health insurance and sufficient funds to cover your expenses.

You probably have good internet/google skills so this is a situation to use them. Go to the website of consulate (or embassy) in your country of each country you plan to visit or even just pass through (for example, as a "connection" on your plane ticket) and check their visa and other entry requirements.

anileze likes this.
  3. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to Inside Flyer.
    As @MSPeconomist said, the country that issued the passport is a big key as well as the purpose of your visit and the destinations. Other things I would like to add are, durations of visit, validity of passport, a lot requires at least 6 months, previous failed attempts to visit the country etc. You really should check the official sites for the more comprehensive rules.

anileze likes this.
  4. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    Since you mention "America" I presume US ? Hence, maybe wrongly, I assume you hold non US passport - Take a look at this from Wikipedia

Then there is TIMATIC database, which most airline websites have a link to.

I hope you are not trolling ;)

5. irenejacob

irenejacob Member

Status Points:
    Travelling is my hobby, I like to visit different place. Thank you for your advice