Travelers fear separation from tech toys on trips

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by sobore, Jun 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/money/travelers-fear-separation-tech-toys-trips-article-1.1099667

Not only can’t most Americans seemingly live without their tech toys, they may be just a little too attached to their devices.
    And that unhealthy bond with their cell phones, tablets or laptops is never more apparent than when people travel, a new survey found.
    According to Tech Norms for Travelers, a survey by chip-maker Intel released Wednesday, nearly half of all American travelers feel anxiety if they don’t have their devices with them. Also, three-fourths of young adults compromise comfort and hygiene to find an electric outlet, and nine out of 10 said they are happier when traveling with their devices.
    “Though the results seem ominous at first blush and could be perceived as bordering on unhealthy, they really speak to the deepening bond travelers have for their tech devices and their desire to stay connected,” Mike Fard, a marketing strategist at Intel, told the Daily News.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/money/travelers-fear-separation-tech-toys-trips-article-1.1099667#ixzz1yQNV2ra3

2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow...I'm glad to be on a plane where it is completely MY decision whether or not I connect to GoGo and interact with the world... :) I like the hours of peace I often get in the air!

:)

3. emajy
    Original Member

emajy Silver Member

Status Points:
    My daughter complained on a US Air flight that she had wifi but no power outlet to keep her computer running. ;)