Travel with companion on Delta 747-400 new business class elite

Discussion in 'SeatExpert' started by eaweinberg, Mar 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. eaweinberg

eaweinberg New Member

Status Points:
    I and my companion will be traveling a long haul flight on Delta's 747-400 new flat-bed business class elite. Right now we are reserved for row 1, seats A & K on the lower cabin. Since these seats are in the narrowest part of the cabin, I assume that they would be fairly close to each other. Does anyone have any information on how far apart these 2 seats are ?

Kimdeann and jetsetboy like this.
  2. Ivanhoe3079

Ivanhoe3079 Member

Status Points:
  3. eaweinberg

eaweinberg New Member

Status Points:
    I booked the seats on line. The map that you are showing from seatguru is the old 747 config which has 65 business class seats. I will be flying on the modified 747 with only 45 business class seats. See the link. I have seats 1 A & K.
    http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/plan_flight/aircraft_types_layout/Boeing747/index.jsp

jetsetboy likes this.
  4. Ivanhoe3079

Ivanhoe3079 Member

Status Points:
    Hi eaweinberg,

Excellet!.. so the seats are only an aisle away from each other.. nice configuration!

5. ma91pmh
    Original Member

ma91pmh Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is a great layout. I have a real soft spot for the nose of any 747 and this is the only config I know of a couple can use to get 1a and 1k together without being in first class. Bravo Delta!

sobore likes this.
  6. ccmarks

ccmarks Member

Status Points:
    It is interesting that Delta in abandoning the middle seat philosophy from its other long haul plane - the 777-200. On those 77s the passengers in the middle seats are actually angled away from each other in the two middle seats. These seats do not make conversation terribly easy.
    On the 747s, Delta has decided to face those two angled middle seats towards each other for couples or work companions on these long flights. Bear in mind, that there are only side-by-side seats in the four Business Class rows behind the galley on the main deck, so these seats are limited.
    You now need to determine how much conversation you really want! Move to the second section if you want to engage in conversation, hold hands, steal a kiss, etc. Stay up front if it's okay to just make eye contact occasionally, but keep your space...

7. onfo

onfo Silver Member

Status Points:
    eaweinberg, did you happen to fly this in 1-a/k? I have a NRT-SEA coming up on the 747S with my partner and am currently in those seats. The other option are the two middle seats in row 9. It would be great if you could let us know how you liked 1-a/k. Thanks!