Travel to Antarctica for $1.00 by Quark Expeditions

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Canarsie, Nov 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am posting this because I would like to travel to Antarctica and would be willing to work something out with someone who is interested in taking advantage of the following offer...

This is a “flash” sale on four select twelve-day cruises to Antarctica by Quark Expeditions, all of which depart from Ushuaia, Argentina this month: purchase a berth to travel to Antarctica and a companion travels in a second berth for $1.00.

Single rates are available at a 50-percent discount.

Reservations for the promotion will open on Monday, November 7, 2011 at 8:30 in the morning Eastern Standard Time and will close on Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 8:00 in the morning Eastern Standard Time.

Terms & Conditions:
    • Promotion applies to new bookings only.
    • Bookings must be confirmed on the day of reservation.
    • Inventory can be held for a maximum of 4 hours and cannot be held overnight.
    • Full payment is due at time of booking and Quark via credit card.
    • Bookings are accepted only between Monday at 8:30 AM and Thursday at 8 PM eastern time. No extensions will be offered.
    • Cabin types are based on availability at time of booking and cabins numbers cannot be guaranteed.
    • Quark reserves the right to change cabins numbers up until departure.
    • Single share accommodation is available at 50% off regular published rates.
    • Single accommodation is available at the full published price for double accommodation (i.e. free single supplement based on regular pricing).
    • This offer cannot be combined with any other offer and no additional price reduction of any kind can be applied (i.e. no past passenger loyalty discount).
    • This offer is not applicable on adventure options or other product.

I am posting this because I would like to go to Antarctica, and this is essentially a half-price sale, meaning that two people could go on one of these cruises for as little as $2,500.00 per person...

2. mynameismud
    Original Member

mynameismud Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hope you will find someone,
    still a bit expensive for me, especially if not planned well in advance
    but definitely a place i would like to visit

joesmoe, canucklehead and Gargoyle like this.
  3. NYCAdventurer

NYCAdventurer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I desperately want to do this trip. One of my lifetime goals is to step foot on every continent! Can't let me wife sit out on this one and currently she is in medical school, so will have to wait. Good Luck

4. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is expensive for me as well.

What I was thinking of doing is offering a business class award ticket of equivalent value to be used later if someone were to cover the cost of the trip to Antarctica, if someone was interested in that...
    Well, that is my goal as well, and Antarctica is the only continent to which I have not visited yet.

While certainly not a requirement, it would have been nice to travel with a fellow Brooklynite.

5. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd have done the same...covered for someone's J ticket and they covered for my expedition package =)

joesmoe likes this.
  6. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have had no interest expressed to me, so I suppose no one is interested.

I have been attempting to go to Antarctica for several years.

In any event, as I cannot go, I hope that someone was able to take advantage of this offer...

7. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately I have other commitments I cannot change on all those sailing dates.

joesmoe and rwoman like this.
  8. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That would be my ultimate dream...to go to Antarctica and swim with the Penguins =D

9. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can this be combined with the Share and Save Referral Program - Available All Season Long | Quark Expeditions
    I would like to get paid $499 to travel to Antarctica!
    From the Share and Save T&Cs: "The savings certificate can be combined with other offers."

Canarsie,
    I had lunch yesterday at a NY deli in Colorado. Many of the menu items (including the bagels) are imported from NYC.

On the menu:
    [​IMG]

10. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sent you a PM.

joesmoe likes this.
  11. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    i'm planning on going in Feb or March, I've sent you a PM as well.

12. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    I jus realized that i'm a day late on this one :( Sorry for the random post.

<edit> if anybody comes up with any other deals or wants to join in Feb/March feel free shoot me a pm! </edit>