Travel perks for small business

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by guinnessxyz, May 24, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. http://business.financialpost.com/2...uent-flyer-points-rewarding-small-businesses/

Air Canada Rewards for Small Business At press time, Air Canada was in the midst of redesigning the program, but at least for now, you get a one-time flight-booking discount of 15%, free one-time Maple Leaf Lounge access and five prepaid onboard food vouchers just for signing up. In addition, the program offers online tools for monitoring expenses and booking flights and cars simultaneously and allows you to easily share flight plans with employees.

2. Its about time upgrades happen in that program

3. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Its still way to complicated (last I looked) to book for multiple people. Each has to have his account, stuff gets sent to their e-mail etc. I found it a mess to use, and the prices were often a few bucks above aircanada.com. I much preferred the simplicity of being able to goto aircanada.com and buy as many tickets as I want at once, enter everyone's info get 1 email and 1 bill.

YULtide likes this.
  4. That part about multiple person bookings is true.tried it just this past week. However, this is typical of AC and their IT. They always roll out stuff too soon but once they get it right things are fine.

5. southender
    Original Member

southender Silver Member

Status Points:
    the article missed the best program- Delta SkyBonus-easy to use, easy to redeem. Our company signed up for the AC program when it launched- other than a couple of ecredits, it has been a challenge to use. will take another look with this 2.0.

Stephan likes this.
  6. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:

It has been over a year though! I just want to be able to login, book everyones tickets as easily as I can buy 5 on aircanada.com in one session and then have it track it all like SBR does. I don't want to have to login under 5 different names to figure it out, track down the receipts after etc. Its a hassle and just too complicated for something that is supposed to make my life simpler.

Heck, let me book on aircanada.com and have SBR poll those bookings via aeroplan number and centrally track them.

guinnessxyz likes this.
  7. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:

While not commenting specifically on SkyBonus as I've never looked at it. I notice more and more Delta popping up as by far the lowest price out of YUL (to the US). I've yet to try them, but sometimes NA flights have business for a small premium over economy on AC.

Stephan likes this.
  8. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agree...Skybonus is simple to use. Maybe AC has learned a thing or two with this iteration? One can only hope...

9. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Give them a try. I found them to be quite good for our needs. Staff has always been courteous. Lounges are nothing special, but that applies to all N Am carriers.

10. southender
    Original Member

southender Silver Member

Status Points:
    agree- DL is my secondary carrier and with few elites on my routes, I can usually get to the front of cabin. Having the Skybonus number as part of your FF profile makes it seamless.

11. YVR-Flyer
    Original Member

YVR-Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    How can you apply the 15% discount?

12. southender
    Original Member

southender Silver Member

Status Points:
    sign up your company for the program; once they accept, you get the promo code. on our one year anniversary, we got another promo code. free, so no risk as long as you have a corp of some kind.

guinnessxyz likes this.