Travel insurance that covers weather

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by jason8612, Mar 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is there any travel insurance for USA or EU nationals that I can get that will cover me due to weather delays/cancellations?
    I have excellent baggage coverage and thats the usual issue I have when flying, but what about weather issues?

2. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Most cover weather delays if traveling on common carriers. Some cover delay in getting to airport because of weather. Most require delays of over 5 hours, some even longer.

Go to www.insuremytrip.com and put in your next trip. Pick a couple of policies. Click compare. go to the delay line and click on number of hours delay and it will tell you if weather is covered.

4. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    wow, they want like over a grand for insurance

5. slice19
    Original Member

slice19 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I bought insurance through AAA that allowed cancellation of a trip for any reason up until boarding. At least that is how it was sold to me, we did not need to make a claim so I can't confirm how it actually works. For a trip (flight and hotel) that cost about $2500, the insurance was about $120 which I found to be reasonable since it covered everything from changing your mind to hurricanes.

6. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is that single or multi trip?
    The issue is with me is I have many tickets for 1 trip.
    Even now going back for Easter, I have 7 tickets or so

7. slice19
    Original Member

slice19 Silver Member

Status Points:
    That was a single trip and we booked it through AAA. Sorry, I don't know where you could get insurance on a multi trip...we specifically booked with AAA because we wanted the insurance option traveling during hurricane season.