Travel History Maps

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by MSYgirl, May 4, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I really like the idea of maps that allow you to add your trips so you can see where you've been. I went to sign up for one but it's public, asks for my full name, etc. I'd rather something I can use for the data but not be so personally identifiable to the public.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

2. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just get a US Atlas and mark it with a magic marker..... and maybe add things like date, airline, flight number type of plane.

I know a lot of people who travel by train who do this with rail atlases and the objective is to get mileage on routes that don't normally have passenger service.

They call their atlases coloring books.

Bob H

bez7 likes this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a map on TravBuddy.com and they don't require any personal info beyond a confirmation email. It is good for tracking countries/states visited and looks decent enough, I suppose. I also have one with PassportStamp.com. They have visits, in addition to countries, so you can mark individual places. More detailed but less pretty. I also use OpenFlights which is all about the flights (or trains & ships) but not necessarily about the destinations. Flightmemory and FlightDiary are others in that same space. Finally, if it is visits to UNESCO World Heritage Sites you want to track, I have a tool for that.

daninstl likes this.
  4. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I signed up for Flightdiary since I found that I didn't have to use my actual name. Now to dig up flight details, argh!

Thank you for the suggestions.

5. bez7
    Original Member

bez7 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks like it's time for you to visit Utah. Take a trip to Colorado, hit the mt resorts like Vail or Aspen, then scoot on over to Moab for Arches National Park, you'll never forget it.

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Colorado is this coming weekend. :p

Not sure when the others will happen.

bez7 likes this.