Travel Geeks, Er, Um, Experts Wanted

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Pizzaman, Apr 6, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    For those of us that love this hobby, there may be an opportunity to earn a few bucks helping a startup in the travel space.

Full disclosure. I have an investment in the company (http://nativeapp.com), so I do have a bias. But, Devon and the team at Native are super smart folks that I think are working on a cool product in a crowded space. Anyways, here's the text of what they're looking for. I'm happy to answer any questions anyone has offline, but if you're interested in the work, you can e-mail jobs@nativeapp.com and let them know you saw the inquiry on Milepoint:

Native Flight Expert

At Native, we know that finding right flight is the difference between smooth sailing and a trip from hell.

We fulfill our mission of making travel easier, happier, and safer by hiring the best talent in the world to support our clients. Our flight experts research and build flight plans for the hundreds of travelers who use Native everyday, ranging from round-trip domestic searches to complex multi-city international routes.

Flight experts coordinate with a team of travel assistants to fulfill flight research requests. Our travel assistants collect all the information needed to do flight research from their clients. Then, you takeover. As a flight expert, you get to do what you do best: figure out how to get a client from Point A to Point B (and maybe C and D) effectively. That could mean finding the cheapest possible flights or maximizing the client’s miles and points.

Our flight experts operate as an independent contractors. We allow you to set your own hours, and you can work from anywhere in the world. We pay biweekly for the requests you choose to fulfill, and we guarantee compensation even if there isn’t work to do.

What we value

You love travel. ITA Matrix is your wise old friend. You understand United is to IAD as US Airways is to DCA. You know that a flight from the UK to Dublin is considered a domestic flight, but UK to the rest of Ireland is an international flight.

You can work quickly and effectively. In your mind, finding the best one-way domestic flight in 5 minutes and international round trip in 10 minutes is more than doable.

You are empathetic and helpful. You voluntarily step up when others are struggling. “Patience” is your middle name. You’re happy when you have made others happy.

You are detail oriented. Your are a stickler for making sure your T’s are always crossed and your I’s dotted. The following information to you is far from gibberish: F5, A5, JN5, C5, D5, Z5, ZN5.

You can make complex things seem simple and love learning. You can use Google to learn anything and everything except for rocket science and brain surgery.

What we need

To get the job, you need to be well traveled (visited 5+ countries) and must be an expert with tools such as ITA Matrix and ExpertFlyer. You don’t need to be an official travel agent, nor do you have to have past experience working in the travel industry—although it can’t hurt.

Inquiries to jobs@nativeapp.com

Gardyloo, Lionell, Sammich and 5 others like this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well traveled = have visited five countries? I don't think so.

Newscience, viguera, Gardyloo and 4 others like this.
  3. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Hey, to normal folk, 5 countries is a lot. :p

Newscience, viguera, Gardyloo and 2 others like this.
  4. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    ~2/3 of US citizens have no passport, apparently. they're not looking for travelers century members, jusy people who have traveled at least some.

Newscience, Gardyloo, skyvan and 2 others like this.
  5. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    I once met a guy, who was a platinum (it was the highest level) at Delta; He had been only to countries where we could go with a Driver License and a birth certificate. Which was driving over to Toronto 3X a week, and a winter trip to Aruba.

Those were the days....

Gardyloo likes this.
  6. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    lol you know you spend too much time on flights when you immediately understand this....

Newscience, Gardyloo, anileze and 2 others like this.
  7. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Except that if I told you that was for KE you'd likely be like "WTF"

Gardyloo likes this.
  8. Would Canada India Japan France and USA count ?:p:p:p:p

9. if not I can always add Singapore Germany United Kingdom :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

10. wow thats a shocking stat