Travel for Motorsports?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by TrueBlueFlyer, Feb 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    wharvey likes this.
  2. gpaya
    Original Member

gpaya Gold Member

Status Points:
    I tend to travel to the F1 in Montreal (I want to go to Nagoya this year though). I try to book flights as soon as I know I'm going and find the cheapest decent hotel there is (3 night minimum, usually).

For F1 days, I like going on Saturdays to see the practice and all the historical cars as well as some of the Star Mazda series. In the evenings - I just try to find the party. Old Montreal for food.

3. gpaya
    Original Member

gpaya Gold Member

Status Points:
    As far as tickets, I just buy general admission from F1

4. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    very cool

Ill be in Kuala Lumpur tomorrow and see if I can really swing it.

So far I only got my return flight booked. The departure will depend on work. If I find a job it will look horrible taking days off for some race. Although F1 site seems to only sell 3 day,tix

Id be perfectly okay to fly in early on race day and fly home when its over.

Missed the Melbourne GP by one week when I was there. Dont want to let this chance slip away.

5. druiddation
    Original Member

druiddation Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like to travel to endurance races, such as Sebring, Le Mans, Spa. And I usually wait until I get there to buy a ticket. It seems every time I buy one in advance that when I arrive someone has a free ticket for me, or someone is selling a greatly reduced in price ticket outside the event.