Travel Expos open to the public

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by SC Flier, May 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. perryplatypus

perryplatypus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Went to the Dallas one last year and it was a blast. That's where I meet Samantha Brown. There is also lots of free swag given out by most of the booths. Each person in our party walked out with a couple large bags of free goodies. Missed iditarod champ Jeff King last year and I hope to meet him at the next show in Nov.

Mapsmith and SC Flier like this.
  3. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    SC Flier likes this.
  4. philatravelgirl

philatravelgirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    The NY Travel show was good for the speakers/seminars (Sam Brown, the Frommers, African safari planning, China touring, etc). I didn't find the vendors that good as they catered to areas I'm not interested in (lots of leisure caribbean vendors) I'm in Philly and the show was good, again liked the speakers (Andrew McCarthy). Thought vendors had more info too. Depends on what you are looking to get out of the shows. I went to NY for safari planning, met local Capetown vendor/presenter and then found award ticket so for me the show was good, plus coincided with a NYC MP do so I met some great folks there

Mapsmith and SC Flier like this.