Travel Channel- The Layover App.

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by MLW20, Mar 8, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sweet Willie likes this.
  2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'll admit that I like the show, but personally I just kept a few episodes on my DVR and took notes of anything worthwhile (to me) just in case.

I doubt I need another app -- let alone a paid one, even at $1.99 -- for this. :)

TheBeerHunter and Sweet Willie like this.
  3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    same here, agreed.

Overall I like one of the cornerstones of Bourdain's message, get out and try the local/regional items/activities that make an area/city/region unique.

TheBeerHunter, MLW20 and viguera like this.
  4. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a few notes in my phone to keep track of some of the restaurants featured on Food-Travel shows. I'll add to it while I am watching.

I am also not sure this is worth $1.99. It only has 10 episodes so far. They should've done this app for No Reservations

viguera likes this.
  5. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I forgot to say- this message seems to be shared by pretty much all of the travel/ food related show hosts.
    I heard Adam Richman (Man vs Food) in a seminar at the NY Times Travel Show this past Sunday and he shared very similar sentiments as did Andrew Zimmern when I've heard him in the past.

Sweet Willie likes this.