Travel Bank: crediting problems

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by redtailshark, Jan 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    TB doesn't seem to register more than 1 in 4 or 5 of my itins. I have had to email them in on seven occasions of late, some covering the same reservations that didn't get credited after an email request.

I like the TB idea. A small incentive is enough to encourage purchase on the CO.COM direct channel and repeated often enough, there's useful benefit. But, it would be nice if it worked as advertised.

The TB concept is good but the execution appears to be more compatible with the level of service offered by ANOTHER AIRLINE. Yeah. You know.

2. ella
    Original Member

ella Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've not ever had a problem with Travel Bank credit posting. It usually posts 24 hours after the last segment of that itinerary posts.

3. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Haven't a clue what this is and how it works. However, I do have a $50 credit from my GE renewal and have tried to move that onto a booking for credit. Can't figure out how that works either. Can anyone please explain what TB is, how we normally earn credits, and more importantly, how these credits can be transferred to pay for our tickets?

4. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I book every flight online, yet I have never had a credit to my TB account. Never. Should there be? If they owe me $5 for every ticket I have bought online, I'll be traveling free for a while! LOL

The application for my GE reimbursement got an auto-response that said I would be credited within 30 days (I think). It hasn't been 30 days since I submitted the receipt with the request.

5. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's only credited after you travel.

6. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah... Well... I have traveled a LOT, and never received it. Who should I call on THIS one? Sheesh. Can this airline do anything right?

7. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't know the answer. Mine have always credited when the miles posted (24-48 hours after the last flight). The tickets have to be purchased after you join the club. I've had four paid RTs since then; three qualified (United Vacations does not).

8. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    1. Have to buy the ticket on UA after you join (united vacations doesn't count, apparently)
    2. Have to fly itin.
    3. For me, it's always posted when the miles did.

9. snod08
    Original Member

snod08 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also, you have to be actually enrolled in that travel club (25$ per year fee to join).

10. snod08
    Original Member

snod08 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are you enrolled in the travel club (you would have paid a fee to join)?

11. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    My memory isn't what it once was. I just joined this month. ::slapping self on forehead::

12. snod08
    Original Member

snod08 Gold Member

Status Points:
    :eek: oops! Then you can start collecting the moolah from any trip you booked after you joined. :D

13. ella
    Original Member

ella Silver Member

Status Points:
    On my last trip, travel bank credited 2 days before miles did. Usually they credit at the same time.

14. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had already booked almost all of my travel for the year when I joined. Will I get credit for the flight I have yet to take, or is it only good for flight purchased AND flown after becoming a member?

15. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Purchased AND flown after you become a member, sorry.