Transiting from E to B at BOS

Discussion in 'BOS/MHT/PVD | Boston Area Airports' started by pittguy81, Dec 4, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. pittguy81

pittguy81 Active Member

Status Points:
    I am arriving from DUB on Aer Lingus connecting to a US Airways Flight departing out of B. I will go through preclearance in Dublin, but having never transited at BOS will my 1hr and 20 minute connection time be adequate? It looks like a 10 minute walk from E to B, but I assume I will have to clear security again? Wasn’t sure if I was missing something?

Newscience likes this.
  2. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am not aware of any behind-security link or bus.

While you can walk (via terminal C), Logan recommends using the inter-terminal shuttle. That recommendation seems sound to me, keeping in mind that US is on the far side of the B concourse.

80 minutes sounds tight, but international arrivals are never quite on time. I would figure you're at the mercy of the winds aloft and not work myself up over the connection - it will likely be either very easy or very missed.

pittguy81 and Newscience like this.
  3. pittguy81

pittguy81 Active Member

Status Points:
    I assume the busses are reliable? I trust my legs vs. a bus anyday, but am willing to give it a try. I am connecting from biz to first so I should be one of the first off my DUB-BOS flight and assume B has prefered security lane(s)

4. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    No personal experience, though I think they're reasonable - I see them circling all the time when I'm waiting for other ground transport. If you use the bus, I think route 11 is the one that circles only the terminals, omitting the subway and rental car center stops.

pittguy81 likes this.
  5. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Looping back on this topic. I have exactly the same gap for an upcoming flight involving the same two terminals. I have Global Entry and will likely be one of the first off the plane. Any feedback on the chances of making it?

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Likely IMO. I think the walk across to A (through the parking garage) and then over to B is maybe a tiny bit shorter but either way it is only about a half mile so 10-15 minutes. As long as you're not worried about checked bag cutoff times or missing the check-in window I'd bet it is fine.

Pizzaman likes this.
  7. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    No checked bad and I should be able to check-in ahead of time. Thx!

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  8. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Which B - PMAA or PMUS? In any case I'd go with
    the airport bus, but others seem to advise against it.

Otherwise, if the former, I'd walk through C to B (i.e.,
    in the opposite direction to the flow of auto traffic).
    If the latter, through the garage as WA suggests.

9. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    My reasons for skipping the bus are:
    • I like walking to get blood moving again between flights, especially if coming off an international arrival
    • To go the half mile is probably 10-15 minutes for most able-bodied folks. Unless there is no wait time for the bus it would be hard to beat that with stops, driving the loop, etc.