Transiting from E to B at BOS

Discussion in 'BOS/MHT/PVD | Boston Area Airports' started by pittguy81, Dec 4, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. pittguy81

pittguy81 Active Member

Status Points:
    I am arriving from DUB on Aer Lingus connecting to a US Airways Flight departing out of B. I will go through preclearance in Dublin, but having never transited at BOS will my 1hr and 20 minute connection time be adequate? It looks like a 10 minute walk from E to B, but I assume I will have to clear security again? Wasn’t sure if I was missing something?

Newscience likes this.
  2. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am not aware of any behind-security link or bus.

While you can walk (via terminal C), Logan recommends using the inter-terminal shuttle. That recommendation seems sound to me, keeping in mind that US is on the far side of the B concourse.

80 minutes sounds tight, but international arrivals are never quite on time. I would figure you're at the mercy of the winds aloft and not work myself up over the connection - it will likely be either very easy or very missed.

pittguy81 and Newscience like this.
  3. pittguy81

pittguy81 Active Member

Status Points:
    I assume the busses are reliable? I trust my legs vs. a bus anyday, but am willing to give it a try. I am connecting from biz to first so I should be one of the first off my DUB-BOS flight and assume B has prefered security lane(s)

4. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    No personal experience, though I think they're reasonable - I see them circling all the time when I'm waiting for other ground transport. If you use the bus, I think route 11 is the one that circles only the terminals, omitting the subway and rental car center stops.

pittguy81 likes this.