Transit at LAX - AA/CX

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by filelover, Dec 4, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. filelover

filelover Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am flying DFWLAX on AA to connect to LAXHKG on CX. I did this route a long time ago and I had to walk over to TBIT and go through security again. Had a couple of questions

1. I was wondering if there is any airside transit from the AA terminal to TBIT so I don't have go through security again as the connection is slightly tight and it will be on Dec 20th when it will be busy. I have seen some signs when arriving at LAX but never paid attention as I rarely transit via LAX

2. If we have to go through security again - I am an EP and all the family is Pre - will the boarding cards issued by AA for the LAXHKG flight have Pre on them. And is there a Pre or a Priority line (that can be used by EPs) for to go through security at TBIT?

Thanks

2. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Walk out and instead of taking the escaltor down to baggage (unless you have bags) walk to where you go to security and ontop of the checkin area. Walk out the door and TBIT is to the left.
    When I went through last Tues I saw no special lines.

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Pretty sure you won't have Pre for the CX-operated flights. The program depends on the operating carrier participating.

4. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wouldn't surprise me given that AC is the only participating international airline last I heard and it doesn't fly out of TBIT.

6. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    There used to be priority lines at TBIT, but when I walked through there earlier this week most of the area is under construction and everyone was being funneled to the back right-hand corner (as opposed to two separate screening areas). So, not sure what's behind the construction walls.