Transferring UR points in the same household

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by misterbwong, Dec 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. misterbwong

misterbwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I both have chase freedom cards but only I have the chase sapphire. Is there any way for me to move UR points from her account to mine? I'd like to avoid merging our freedom accounts since the 5x category bonus is limited to $1500 per account.

If I added her as an authorized user would we be able to transfer points freely from her account?

TIA!!

2. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Absolutely. Sign in your UR account and under manage your UR account tab on the left hand side choose Combine Points.

storyteller, misterbwong and jetsetr like this.
  3. misterbwong

Status Points:
    Awesome. I'm going to go ahead and add her as an authorized user. Thanks for the help!

4. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does
    She does not have to be your authorized user in order to transfer points as long as you and she have separate UR accounts. If you will add her as an authorized user points earned on that card by her will earn you UR points.

storyteller, misterbwong and jetsetr like this.
  5. misterbwong

Status Points:
    Wow. Didn't know you could do this without a sapphire preferred. Thanks TAHKUCT!

6. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    As
    As long as you have Sapphire preferred or Business Ink Bold.

storyteller likes this.
  7. mileagejunqe

mileagejunqe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Kill 2 birds.... Sign up the wife for the Sapphire Preferred or Ink Bold. Get the 50,000 UR point bonus and then be able to easily transfer the points between accounts. You would first have to transfer your wife's Freedom points in to her Sapphire or Ink UR account and then from there transfer to the your UR account. Get the points consolidated and get bunch of extra points to boot. I like having the 5-2-1 Ink Bold Business as that gives 5X rewards on charges such as wireless/landline, internet and cable.

8. infamousdx

infamousdx Silver Member

Status Points:
    UR points can be easily transferred to any other UR-eligible account as long as you have the recipient's last name and full credit card number. I do this all the time between family and friends.

misterbwong and TAHKUCT like this.
  9. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    and is pretty simple.

storyteller and misterbwong like this.