Transferring United FF miles to US Airways FF miles

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by ahernried, Sep 10, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. ahernried

ahernried New Member

Status Points:
    I need to transfer (within two days from now) 20,000 miles from my United FF account to my US Airways FF account; and I need to transfer 19,000 miles from my partner's United FF account to my US Airways FF account. I made a great US Air flight res - and United sucks anyways - United won't help in anyway - at least the US Air agent turned me on to points.com, but unfortunately they don't appear in the drop-down menu. Help (quickly) please!!

Sweet Willie likes this.
  2. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I strongly believe that such transfer between two different FFP (although in same alliance, for now) is not possible. Consider booking one award ticket with UA miles and another award with US miles... or consider buying US miles, there is (targeted) promotion right now with 100% bonus...

LETTERBOY and flyforawg like this.
  3. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    This generally can't be done. You cannot move points directly between frequent flier programs in different airlines and most frequent flier programs do not allow you to combine points from different peoples' accounts even within a household (although some, like BA, do).

The services that do allow you to do this (such as points.com) include hefty fees or poor exchange rates, so you will lose a lot of your points in the process.

If you want to look up some creative ways to get points into a US airways account, try googling "US Airways Transfer partners".

LETTERBOY and mirohacek like this.
  4. particlemn

particlemn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think the united rep was more helpful than the us air rep, united told you it cant be done, the us air rep made you do extra work to look into something that can not be done.
    it appears you need 39k extra us air miles to make your trip happen, you can puchase these miles directly from us air, or if you had 34k spg points you could transfer 34k spg into 39k us air miles by goingt thru spg website

LETTERBOY, LarryInNYC and mirohacek like this.
  5. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    But SPG transfer will not go thru in 48 hours... buying miles will be instant...

LETTERBOY likes this.
  6. norge
    Original Member

norge Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not gonna happen. Sorry.

mirohacek and LETTERBOY like this.
  7. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    As mentioned, you can't do that.

Perhaps you could mention what flights you're trying to get and we could help. United and US Airways both have access to the same *A inventory (and each other's inventory at low/Saver level).

flyforawg and mirohacek like this.