Transferring Miles within Star Alliance

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by cj007, Apr 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. cj007

cj007 Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi Guys,

I'm new to this site and I'm in the midst of building up my miles with Air China (PhoenixMiles) from my most recent travels. Joining this site has provided me with some good information to aid me in this activity.
    With regards to Transferring miles between Star Alliance airlines, I've noticed this is not possible with some airlines. And with some others, there's a fee involved.
    My question is: as I have some miles with other Star Alliance airlines, and some of them have expired, is it possible to re-activate them and then transfer them across to my PhoenixMiles account.
    I'm approaching the 20k mark with PhoenixMiles so boosting my account with these "phantom miles" could get me over the 25k mark where I'll be bale to get further benefits.
    Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.
    Cheers.

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    My understanding is there is no transferring miles between different Alliance accounts. You can use A points on B if in the same Alliance, but no combining them.

marcwint55 and edekba like this.
  3. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Even if you could transfer ... (Which I'm not sure you can...) those miles won't be Elite Qualifing ( or whatever term Air China uses); thus it will not help you break the 25k mark to get the "benefits."

marcwint55 likes this.
  4. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:

Welcome to Milepoint. Transferring between carriers is not allowed. You can use miles from one to fly another, but you can't combine them.