Transferring AMEX MR to Krisflyer

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by corz123, Aug 13, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. corz123

corz123 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey guys. I read somewhere something like this was possible and just wanted to get some input in this. My parents and I each have about 80-100k in Amex points. Would there be any issue with us trying to transfer them into one Singapore Air Krisflyer account account for premium cabin travel to Asia? Thanks!

2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    No sweat. I've shown graphically below how you can do that is seconds. Log onto your AMEX MR account and go to the MR area -> Partners -> Airlines. Click on Singapore, and the following page will show up. Link ur SQ FF account to your AMEX MR account by clicking on the indicated link (red arrow). Then when that's done, follow the steps shown to transfer points, which be done in either direction. Have fun!

AQ-MR-LINK-TRANSFER.png

corz123 and rodeojones like this.
  3. corz123

corz123 Silver Member

Status Points:

Thanks for responding! Can all 3 of us link our MR account to one Krisflyer account??

4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is possible if and only if the other 2 MR accounts are those of Additional Cardmembers on your AMEX account. From the MR T&C:
    • The frequent customer program account that you transfer points into must be held by you or an Additional Cardmember linked to your program account.
    If the other two MR account have no link to yours, then the linking of their accounts and transferring of their MR points won't work because the SQ FF account into transfer to is presumably under you name. They'd have to transfer into SQ accounts that are under their own names.

5. corz123

corz123 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ouch. Is there any way at all to pool the Krisflyer or MR points?

6. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, not freely. Point transfers usually cost real money, except for transfer into a linked account.The only other way is for your folks to become Additional Cardmembers on your account or two of you on one their accounts.

7. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    You could register the same one SQ account with all the different MR accounts and send the points. It is technically against the T&C but many have done it. You do it at your own risk tolerance. I was short some MR points for my own redemption so I transferred all of my MR to a friends account and booked our SQ tickets through there.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  8. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    While this is what the rules state it is not the reality of how the website works. ;)

Singapore Flyer likes this.
  9. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, the OP just read what you have claimed. S/he should try it and report as to whether or not it works. I have never tried it. I only have my HHonors account linked into which I transfer MR points that I earn with my Business Platinum and Corporate cards. The T&C seem clear enough, but if others have gotten things to work, then the OP should too.

Give it a try!

Singapore Flyer likes this.
  10. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Someone with no relation to me sent me SQ points recently from AMEX. I'd guess it's like ultimate rewards, there is nothing preventing you from sending points to random people, but it's limited by the Terms.

Before you can transfer you set up the SQ name/number link.

11. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is what it seems. The T&C are either misstated or not enforced. I have no issue since either way it works out to the benefit of the member or the consumer.;)

12. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The T&C is strictly enforced if you call in to make the transfer. If you do it online, not so much. :cool:

13. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    As a good definition of "loophole" as any...