Transfer your SPG Points to American Miles or US Airways with a 20% Bonus

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 2, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Between now and July 31, 2014, you can transfer your Starwood Preferred Guest points to American Airline miles OR US Airways miles with a 20% bonus. It has been quite some time since we’ve seen a Starwood transfer bonus to miles so I am glad to see it return.

This is in addition to the 5,000 point bonus you receive when you transfer 20,000 points in one transaction. So if you were to transfer 20,000 points you’d receive a total of 30,000 American Airline miles or US Airways miles. This means a transfer of 20,000 points will yield a 50% bonus!

Some things to know:

• The maximum amount you can transfer in a day is 99,999 points (including any bonus) – this means you can transfer a maximum of 60,000 points
    • There is currently no maximum amount of points you can transfer during the promotional period

Is this a good promotion? While this is a great promotion for those that typically like to accrue Starpoints to transfer to airlines, I personally like saving my SPG points to use for hotels. I value my SPG points at at least 2 cents per value, so if transferring your points to one of these two airline programs gives you this value at a minimum then it could be worthwhile. Just note that Starwood points do NOT transfer immediately.

Will you be taking advantage of this promotion?

The post Transfer your SPG Points to American Miles or US Airways with a 20% Bonus appeared first on Deals We Like.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Related Stories

The post Transfer your SPG Points to American Miles or US Airways with a 20% Bonus appeared first on BoardingArea.

Continue reading...