Transfer Q3FN Certificate

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by TexasT, Feb 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. TexasT
    Original Member

TexasT Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you still have any Q3FN reward certificates (earned last year) that will expire soon and you intend to transfer the award to someone else and let them use the reward nights, be aware the process takes about a week.

Meaning, be sure to call HHonors more than a week before the intended reservation so they care able to re-issue the certificate in the new name. They (HHonors) can create the reservation in the other name immediately, but their computer systems require extra time to change the name on the Q3FN certificate.

Wishing you fun travels!

sleepyintheair and mowogo like this.
  2. sleepyintheair
    Original Member

sleepyintheair Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for that!

Sigh... Collecting free nights seems is "easy" part, finding free time to use them is much harder.

3. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Or finding someplace that is worthy to use them -- I have a few award ressies already booked with points, that are lower in value than this certificate really should get applied to. I have a few months before worrying about expiration of the first one since I didn't start staying with Hilton until late Summer last year. Thanks for the heads up, I will double check those dates!

I have yet to get used to the paper aspect of awards with this program - quite the PITA for me

4. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'll be your friend! [​IMG]

5. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I could not agree more, to be paper based in this day and age, is unacceptable. That said, I have not brought any HHonors awards printed out for any reservation and have never been asked for them at checkin.

Does anyone know can I transfer a Q3FN cert to a person who doesn't belong to the HHonors program?

6. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think you just call HHonors per the opening post ... If they need to be member (which I doubt), enroll them then throw away the account after they are booked and used.

7. TexasT
    Original Member

TexasT Silver Member

Status Points:
    The other poster is correct - the person you are transferring to does not have to be a member. When you call to make the reservation, you simply provide HHonors with the guest's name. The recipient will simply need to show up with their ID, a printed version of the paper reward certificate (with their name on it) and a credit card.

I do agree that it is strange they the paper certificate is required, but be aware that it is and it must be in the guest's name - just let HHonors know and they will reissue the certificate in the appropriate name.

8. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info TexasT & IMGone, turns out the person who I was going to give the certs to is a Diamond member via his Centurion card.

TexasT likes this.
  9. I wish I was in your position. I need two more of these certificates for a stay coming up within the next 10 days. If I could, I would just give someone 50K points per certificate so they can stay at any Hilton category 7 whenever they want...... but I guess I am just dreaming. The hotel I want to stay at is 80K points per night which is outrageous but oh well. Maybe I'll stay less nights [​IMG]

10. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree (bolding mine), that is why I value the free stay certs so much (Hyatt's, Hilton's, SPG's), the certs allow me to enjoy a property that in no way, no how, am I going to spend points or revenue on. Even when I do get a free night at these uber luxurious places, they still make a fortune off of me from my food & drink spend.[​IMG]