Transfer from united to US air.

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by jgny391, Jun 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jgny391

jgny391 New Member

Status Points:
    Hi ,I Am new to this. I have over 2 million miles , how ever I need to fly on us air. Any ideas how do do that ? Thanks

jetsetboy and misman like this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    If all you want is an award on US Airways flights you can search the routes in question on united.com and choose the flights you want, assuming the inventory is there. If you do not see the US flights in the awad search results then it probably isn't available.

If a revenue booking just book on the flights you want. Provide your MP# to get credit for the flights.

3. jgny391

jgny391 New Member

Status Points:
    It is available if I book direct on us air. When I called united they were unable to book bc us didn't open the seats for partners.

jetsetboy likes this.
  4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Then you cannot bookit with UA points. Is it the double points award if booking directly with US? Those are almost never an option for partners. At the saver level theycan still limit access to only their own members but the don't always do so.

5. SFOtoORD

SFOtoORD Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can search us air award inventory on united.com. I just booked a mixed UA/US award on United.com this week.

6. jgny391

jgny391 New Member

Status Points:
    Thanks appreciate the advice

jetsetboy likes this.
  7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is US the only (or only *A) carrier that serves your desired award destination? If you can't find US award space for UA miles, would it make sense to take a UA award ticket to a nearby airport and rent a car?

Wandering Aramean likes this.