Transfer CL online on new AMEX website

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by frank10b, Sep 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. frank10b

frank10b Silver Member

Status Points:
    Where is this elusive option found. It was on the old website, where is it on the new one. All I could find was one for CLI.
    thanks

2. websteth

websteth Silver Member

Status Points:
    It should be under Profile & Preferences and then it's under account management as Manage Credit Limit.

3. frank10b

frank10b Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am only given the optin to set up an acct mgn as a person or somewhere else it give me the option to test and see if my purchase will be approved.
    Anyways I was trying to move a credit line from a GLD premium travel rewards card, which may not be possible anyways eh?

4. websteth

websteth Silver Member

Status Points:
    Gold is a Charge card and doesn't have a limit. You will only see the option is you have more than one Credit Cards with a limit. In my case, I have a Blue, Starwood and Delta and have the option.

5. robertw477

robertw477 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have reserve card (limit) and Starwood and this option doesnt show for me either.

6. websteth

websteth Silver Member

Status Points:
    How long have you had the cards? The new CARD Act limits the changes to the cards for the first year. This includes moving the credit line.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using milepoint

7. robertw477

robertw477 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The reserve card is not more than a year old. The Starwood card is. I didnt know that about the CL changes (re:card act)
    Thanks