Transfer 50K Amex MR to Skymiles program and receive a 20k Amex MR cert back

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Sweet Willie, Aug 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    anyone else receive this email promo?

DeltaExpert and jmrich1432 like this.
  2. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got an email from them about it yesterday....

Hello Ms. jmrich1432,

Summer won't last forever. That's why now's the time to take advantage of our latest offer. To qualify, register first and then transfer Membership Rewards® points into your SkyMiles account by September 30, 2011. For every 50,000 points you transfer, you'll be rewarded with a certificate for 20,000 Membership Rewards points—that's a 40% bonus back to you.

You'll be glad to know Award Travel is easier than ever before. With our recent global expansion, we've added new routes. Choose from 350+ destinations in more than 65 countries across six continents. You'll enjoy:

No mileage expiration dates
    No Award Ticket redemption fees (when you book within 20 days of departure)
    Delta Award Seat availability now on Flight Finder
    Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades on Award Tickets for Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion® members

Your miles are also eligible for use in the newly expanded SkyMiles Marketplace—packed with some of the best deals on hotels, car rentals and vacation packages. You can even gift your miles to family and friends.
    Lock in a great summer. Register and transfer points into your SkyMiles account by September 30, 2011.

I'm not sure where I will be transferring MR points next, but I registered so I wouldn't forget!

DeltaExpert likes this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    At times the offer has included MQMs when MR points are transferred to DL miles. If you're elite (at least FO/SM), rollover makes this especially valuable.

jmrich1432 likes this.
  4. somempire

somempire Silver Member

Status Points:
    jmrich1432 likes this.
  5. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Isn't that usually for first time transfers? Or do they often offer MQM deals to everyone?

I'm still fairly new to this whole thing so I don't have a lot of history to draw from!

MSPeconomist likes this.
  6. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would say yes, most Amex MR to Delta promos I've seen, IF they include any type of MQMs, are only for a first time transfer.

I didn't see any first time language in the T&C's of this promo, that is why I posted.

jmrich1432 likes this.
  7. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I read (and then re-read) the T&C's on this one. There's no "first-time" requirement, just says that it can't be combined with any other offer. Also that the certificates for 20,000 MR points will be emailed to you 6-8 weeks after the transfer and that they must be redeemed on the Membership Rewards site....

Sweet Willie likes this.
  8. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    So far, the recent MQMs for transfers have indeed been for first timers, although it's ambiguous what happens if someone has more than one AmEx card, for example personal and business. It's also unclear at least to me whether someone who first does a transfer without MQMs can then accept an offer that carries MQMs for first timers.

jmrich1432 likes this.