Transaero Has No Plan To Fly The A380 To New York… Or At All?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, May 29, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    On Wednesday I posted about how Transaero would apparently be taking delivery of two A380s this summer, which they intended to fly to New York JFK and Vladivostok. At least this was the plan according to a Russian governor. I've long been intrigued by Transaero and have been eying a first class ticket on them for a while, so them taking delivery of an A380 and flying it to New York seemed like the perfect opportunity. Now, while I hoped the story would be true, some parts of it didn't add up, given that Transaero doesn't even have an A380 in assembly yet, making it rather unlikely that they'd take delivery of one of the whale jets this summer. As it turns out, Transaero has no intentions to operate the A380 to New York JFK... and is actually in the process of deferring delivery of the A380 altogether. The post Transaero Has No Plan To Fly The A380 To New York… Or At All? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...