Training to Participate in the World’s Toughest Foot Race

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 18, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    This coming Monday, the World’s Toughest Foot Race will kick-off. It will see some of the world’s best runners compete against each other, the weather, the terrain, and ultimately against themselves. This race takes place outside of Death Valley. In July. Running 135 miles. HOT! Normally, this race, called Badwater, takes runners from the floor of Death Valley to the portals of Mt. Whitney. That is a 135 mile race run by individuals and sorted by crews and takes place in one of the hottest places in the world in the hottest time of the year. In 2010, I crewed and paced for a friend of mine there and developed a tremendous love for the desert as well as an appreciation of what these runners go through. While I was not one of the racers, I did run between 65 – 70 miles of it with him. Even though I was not the actual racer, I did quite a bit of preparation to condition myself for the extremes. I did... The post Training to Participate in the World’s Toughest Foot Race appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...