TRAIN RT LON/EDI Question

Discussion in 'Europe' started by travelpye, Apr 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. travelpye

travelpye Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just checking with the group to see if this makes sense? I am planning to buy RT advance train tickets (FC) soon from EAST COAST Trains for a RT from London King's Cross to Edinburgh's Waverly station in late June leaving on a Friday and returning on a Tuesday. I THINK it makes most sense to book our travel to and from Kings Cross and to go ahead and buy tickets in advance as they may increase increase in costs closer in and as these are busy routes.

Two of us are going to London and Edinburgh for first time late June 2013. We are booked on points at Holiday Inn Mayfair. I am looking to book RT train tickets in advance for our short trip to Edinburgh, where we will stay at Residence Inn, which is closer to Waverly station. We have already missed out on the cheapest cost tickets by delaying our decision making. When we return to London we'll either be back at HI Mayfair or possibly St Pancras Renaissance (I have both reserved on points, and trying to decide.)

2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, you'd want to book KGX-EDI-KGX...not really any other way to do so from London to Edinburgh. Use the Tube to get to Kings Cross - easy from Green Park or Piccadilly Circus if you're staying at the HI Mayfair.

travelpye likes this.
  3. travelpye

travelpye Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you Rwoman, for your quick reply. I did purchase the tickets, so one more task off my to do list!