Traffic Down?

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by milepig, May 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

  1. milepig
    Original Member

    milepig Silver Member

    Messages:
    89
    Likes Received:
    107
    Status Points:
    220
    Where's everybody going? I just counted posts by "start date" on the United thread (one of the more active,) and new posts are decreasing every month.

    My rough count of thread start dates:

    February (only 3 weeks online) - 199
    March - 168
    April - 109
    May to date - 8
     
    Jubileesmom likes this.
  2. SQ LPP
    Original Member

    SQ LPP Gold Member

    Messages:
    12,684
    Likes Received:
    38,789
    Status Points:
    16,520
    If you notice it, why not do something? Create interesting threads. Create informational threads. :)
    Convince other frequent flyers from TOBB to start to migrate here!
    Cheers.
     
    Jubileesmom and MSPeconomist like this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

    MSPeconomist Gold Member

    Messages:
    58,563
    Likes Received:
    98,528
    Status Points:
    20,020
    February might have been unusual due to the content-building workshops. The earlier dates could also reflect threads about UA that were initially started in the Newbie area and then moved to the UA forum later according to announced policy, which may or may not have started to be implemented.

    As SQ LLP suggested above, you're part of MP too, so get busy and do something to contribute. With the UA/CO merger, there is surely lots of news to discuss and analyze about their operations and FF program
     
    Jubileesmom and SQ LPP like this.
  4. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

    Randy Petersen Founder

    Messages:
    2,731
    Likes Received:
    15,136
    Status Points:
    10,520
    Ugly truth ... 98% of people want it built before they will use it. The other 2% are us, we realize that it is to be built, so we will build it ... then they will be along. Remember—there are dreamers, doers and doners.

    As for United. Here's a nice factoid. After five years ... five years, the combined CO/UA forums on FlyerTalk had 49,460 posts. In the first two months of milepoint, the UA (with CO) forum has 34,257 posts. Two months vs. five years. Not a bad start. Of course it might be more fair to count threads as you did. Two months: 488 threads. Five years: 3,721 threads. You do the math. I'm happy to build a place for everyone to use ... even if they are wait until the carpet is installed!
     
    Jubileesmom and SQ LPP like this.
  5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

    MSPeconomist Gold Member

    Messages:
    58,563
    Likes Received:
    98,528
    Status Points:
    20,020
    The OP might want to consider that it's more fun and you're more likely to like the final result if you help to pick the carpet.
     
    Jubileesmom likes this.

Share This Page