TRADE FOURM?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by SCHUTZEE, Aug 12, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. SCHUTZEE

SCHUTZEE Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi, I am new to MP. I have six passes for Admirals Club that I would like to trade for Delta club passes. Is there a forum for such trades?

milchap and Gargoyle like this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, but you generally won't have access to it until you have reached Gold status.

Gargoyle likes this.
  3. SCHUTZEE

SCHUTZEE Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I found the requirements for status by using the search function. Looks like I need to step up my participation on MP!

4. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeedy Indeed! :p

5. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP !

hey look, even if you don't get to Gold status, i'm sure along the way during the participation process, you will gain much from the knowlege exchange and interaction with others, than just the trading forum benefit :D

6. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    With all the new AC members out there from the recent credit card, bet many new members has AC access..

I gave away some United Day passes...WN trips,

FT had a coupon connection, but you need a few post there also...

Who know a pm might hit your mailbox.

Welcome to the MP net.

7. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    What new AC members have been created from recent credit cards?

8. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Many who received the AA Ex card will now have admission for a year, unless they cancel the card.

After the first year look for the number if members to drop, but many will buy day passes, would be my guess,

It was a marketing game, like so many others.

9. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well that theory doesn't make too much sense. Citicard for years has marketed this card which gave AC access with the annual fee being $450.00 ( which is actually more than some of us currently actually pay for our annual fee)... which in its first year?? also gave status miles.
    AA has always sold day passes for $50 in addition 30 day passes for $99 was introduced a few years ago..so the idea that card holders are getting a great deal is a fallacy ( you're right ..you fell for the
    marketing ploy:D)

Perhaps you need to look this other than from the perspective which seems pretty prevalent here ( ie rinsing of cards to get the bonus miles, cancel card ) but the idea that someone is going to pay
    $450 for AC (unless they have no status and rarely fly AA .. then what's the use of the AC membership???) and after one year drop the card solely to after getting the bonus is pretty silly.

10. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The card had a $200 rebate, making it 250, and 100k miles, I have 5 cards, so and already had an AA card,

500,000 AA MILES for $1200 is not a bad deal, with a one year membership, and we can also use it in the US Air clubs.

Used it at Alaska Air Club in SEA, at the MP, Seminar,

Flagship Lounge, is nice, but AC is over rated and often over priced unless you have a long layover.

I have never paid a fee, it comes with the ticket.most of the time I do not have time to take advantage of the club.

11. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    With regard with the ticket flown.. no card gives access to the Flagship lounge... entrance is permitted by class of service and/or status.
    AC entrance is granted on (some) International itins and a limited number of trans-continental flights.

Interesting.... you got 5 Citibank 100k bonuses for a card that was first issued in Sept/Oct 2013 ( the 100k bonus version anyway) and for a card that restricts applications to every 90 days.
    Lets see now 5 X 90 = 450 days.... seems like it must be already Jan or Feb 2015 where you live.:D

How all this relates to AC passes seems to be way beyond my ken.:)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
    anileze likes this.
  12. afakhori

afakhori Silver Member

Status Points:
    So by generally you mean there are exceptions to the rule? ;) I'm pickin' up what you're layin down....

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  13. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes (as far as I understand it).

afakhori likes this.