TPAC Economy options

Discussion in 'oneworld' started by SNA1K, Dec 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. SNA1K

SNA1K Member

Status Points:
    We're going through some growing pains so for the foreseeable future I will be doing all of my TPAC's in Economy. I've done a lot of regional flights in Y but not necessarily longhaul so I wanted to get some feedback and ideas from others on how to maximize the experience as much as possible.

I am EXP and would prefer to keep this to Oneworld, but am also lifetime *G if those options are really better. Travelling from LAS/LAX to SIN/MNL/HKG primarily.

In Y how does CX stack up against MH? JL? I know in J CX would be my first choice and HKG is also very easy as a connecting point. All experiences are appreciated. Thanks!

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    As an AA EXP, I'd focus my flying into NRT when I can to make use of SWUs. AA codeshares on JL flights out of NRT to all three of those destinations.

JL and CX are fairly similar in Y in my experience, though I give CX the edge for having a better IFE system. The staff on CX tend to go a little bit further out of their way for OW EMDs as well, IMHO. JL is still not too shabby of an option and the service is certainly nice.

I've only flown MH twice, both times on a short haul route, so no idea about their TPAC flights.

Welcome to MP, btw. :)

3. SNA1K

SNA1K Member

Status Points:
    David, Thanks for the response and for the welcome. I'm a long-time FT'er and glad to be here!

Your thoughts are similar to what I was thinking, but the biggest problem is looking at SIN-LAX via NRT as there is no good way to do that on AA. So, returns from SIN are pretty much out on AA unless I fly through DFW rather than LAX.

Therefore, I was looking for thoughts on the other airlines and how their economy classes stack up. Are there any with more legroom? Better food/service? Etc. IFE is not that important to me as I usually bring my own and hate to watch chopped up airline versions of movies.