TPA Airport: combined security checkpoint?

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by TravelerRob, Dec 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    HI all,
    It's been a long time since I've been through TPA airport but I'm doing a quick trip through there tomorrow & Wednesday. I can't remember if there's one main security checkpoint and then you catch a tram to your gates or if you have to go through specific check points for your gate area?

I'm flying UA outbound but the TSA PreCheck site says TPA is only valid for DL airlines. Is that true? Or can I scan my UA BP at the checkpoint for DL and get through PreCheck and then find my way to the "A" gates?

Thanks for the help.

-Rob

2. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    Checkpoint at each tram departure from main terminal, take the tram over then security once in the gate terminal.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is an elite line at the UA pier but nothing for PreCheck.

4. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    A bit late but thanks. I figured that out last night when I arrived on DL and saw that each pier has its own security. So dumb and so unlike most major airports these days.

My BP for UA beeped three times on my return today but no Pre-Check of course. I did get lucky however. The line for the nude-o-scope got too long so three of us, including me, got to use the normal metal detector. Through in a breeze.

-Rob

Wandering Aramean likes this.