Total Rewards vs. Mlife

Discussion in 'Other Loyalty Programs' started by vickers, Aug 15, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hello all,

I am just returning from a trip from Las Vegas. I get to go there about 3 times a year for work purposes, and there are 2 primary reward programs to be found. Total Rewards and Mlife.

I am curious... Which program has treated you best in terms of comps and overall satisfaction? From what I can gather from tripadivsor forums and related sites, Total Rewards offers its lower levels more frequent comps, but the properties are better at Mlife.

I also got alot of use out of the MyVegas app for free buffet passes and a monorail ride. Yeah, im cheesy, but I never rode it before. :)

So Im not asking which is the best, but which one do you prefer and why. Thanks.

traveltoomuch likes this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have no preference but remember that mLife is partnered with Hyatt Gold Passport now so that may affect ease of gaining status and the experience overall.

vickers and traveltoomuch like this.
  3. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not a Vegas aficionado and have no experience with Total Rewards, so I can't really compare. As Seth says, the Hyatt partnership could be useful to get some MLife status, but I've found MLife underwhelming. Maybe it's just a cultural thing, but I find most of the named MLife perks are about public displays of how special you are - cutting to the front of taxi queues and restaurant lines - rather than the more concrete perks I'm used to from hotel loyalty programs.

vickers likes this.
  4. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Seth. I requested a status match from them via email. Waiting for a reply now. I have Gold with both Marriott and Hilton. If I get matched, Ill request a match with mlife. Its great they match their diamond to mlife gold.

And, can you confirm if you stay at an mlife property in vegas, you earn both mlife and hyatt points? Can you give an overview of how this double-dipping works?

Thanks.

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, you can double-dip like that. I have no idea how it works in practice but I know that's a published benefit. I'll find out for real in a month or so when I'm there.

vickers likes this.
  6. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks.

7. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    Don't be surprised if you have to request manual posting of the HGP points.

vickers likes this.
  8. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    Requested Hyatt Diamond trial challenge from Marriott Gold. Accepted and matched M life Plat. Awesome.........

traveltoomuch likes this.