Total newbie flying BA first class for the first time

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by iamjpan, Jun 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. iamjpan

iamjpan New Member

Status Points:
    Flying business class from Boston to Heathrow then first class on the return flight. I already had to ask about pajamas and slippers etc. that you get on the plane. Didn't know what I could keep and what had to stay behind!

Now I'm wondering about the Concorde Room lounge in T5. Are the food and beverages free or do you pay for them? If you sit in the dining area with wait staff do you pay? Do you tip? What about if you book a spa treatment? Do you pay or tip for that?

As I said, total newbie but don't want to look like one! Thanks!

jmrich1432, rockyrock and MX like this.
  2. effseeoh

effseeoh Gold Member

Status Points:
    No you don't pay for anything including food, drinks and spa treatment, and you definitely don't tip.

Counsellor likes this.
  3. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    A few things to consider
    1) if you will have extra time at LHR, you can call ahead and prebook a cabana within the CCR. Whilst not overly fancy, they are nice little private rooms and have showers and room service. If your stay is brief, than it is not worth it...but for more than an hr, maybe.
    2) the spa offerings aren't great, but they are priced attractively (free). Perhaps enjoy the 10 minute head/shoulder rub? You should book this in advance via youfirst.
    3) they have some pretty good bubbly options in the Room. Tastes better on the ground (versus in the air). Might be worth exploring a few options.

For your arrival into LHR, even as a j pax, you have access to their arrivals lounge (which is my favorite arrivals setup anywhere in the world). If you're turning up and getting right to business that morning after the short flight from Boston, it may be worth a stop. Review here...

http://upgrd.com/sitinfirst/british-airways-arrivals-at-london-heathrow-lhr.html

MX and sobore like this.
  4. iamjpan

iamjpan New Member

Status Points:
    Thank you! I had a feeling you didn't pay for anything but was unsure about tipping.

5. mikeef
    Original Member

mikeef Silver Member

Status Points:
    Everything is free and excellent. I hesitate to say anything more because you're a first-timer and I want you to be surprised and excited. But you have the essentials! :D

Mike

6. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Don't feel bad, I was really curious about the tipping question before my first visit to the LH FCT. Enjoy!