Topguest Partnership Discontinuation Announcement

Discussion in 'Best Western | Rewards' started by futboller, Jun 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. futboller

futboller Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just received an email about it today.

Dear Best Western Rewards Member:

For the past year, Best Western International has partnered with Topguest to offer our Best Western Rewards members Topguest's unique and innovative social media integration platform. However, as of June 30, 2012 Best Western International will no longer offer the Topguest services as part of your BWR membership.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We sincerely appreciate and value our members and will continue to explore initiatives in the digital and social space that will bring significant value to you as a member of our loyalty program.

As always, if you have any questions about this or any other Best Western Rewards program initiative, please email us at Best Western Rewards Customer Service.

Sincerely,

Tammy Lucas
    Managing Director, Best Western Rewards

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. dc3
    Original Member

dc3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Too bad BW are going away. but the postings were often iffy and TopGuest was not the most responsive organization I have come across. Friends tell me complaints were often responded with threat to close their account for unspecific reasons.

4. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    my airport check-ins recently have stopped getting me United points via TopGuest. Very sad. :(

marcwint55 and PLUS_1 like this.
  5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Unspecific reasons? ;)

That contract ended mid-June.

6. dc3
    Original Member

dc3 Silver Member

Status Points:

7. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I want it back darn it. It was the easiest 50 miles I ever got. :)

8. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    In short, Topguest was accusing them of violating the rules, and since they run the program and write the T&Cs, they can essentially do whatever they want. It's not like we pay them for the points. General advice often cited has always been to not contact them. Don't draw attention to your account. Don't poke the sleeping bear.

9. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    First it was United, and now Best Western. I want my money back!! Oops I didn't pay anything. Seriously though, it is a shame to lose out on a nice free perk.

10. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually, Choice Privileges and Hampton Inn both disappeared before UA ;)

11. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow, seems like Top Guest is cratering. :(

12. PointHoarder
    Original Member

PointHoarder Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think Virgin American is another one which is 'paused' right now too... :(
    Hoping Top Guest will bounce back!

13. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you still want Hilton points, check in with doubletree. It is still working.

14. particlemn

particlemn Silver Member

Status Points:
    i would guess that the topguest program will slowly die off. I would think that top guest approached these travel companies with the tag line " We have this great new Social Media idea that will allow your loyalty users to check in to you facility for bonus points for just a small marketing fee to top guest" The marking staff heard "Social Media" and "Check in" and "small fee" and said we want that. then after they were in it they reviewed and see it is nothing more than a sham allowing people to check into a stie while not there and spending no money they will not renew their contracts and will chalk it up to a small socail media advertising mistake.
    That said I have received more than 25k to both hilton and priority club so i hope i am wrong

15. zshanlon

zshanlon Silver Member

Status Points:
    I feel like it was only a matter of time...

I get the power of social media but I don't know if it has the monetary impact to support giving away 50 points a day to an unlimited amount of people. Its really difficult too track revenue generated (or opportunity cost for that matter) associated with twitter and the likes.

Its been a good ride. I hope it continues.

16. bearcat74

bearcat74 Silver Member

Status Points:
    At least earned enough to fund my 2011 USAir Grand Slam BW transfer and (hopefully if the promo runs) the 2012 and 2013 transfers! :)

17. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have always used this advice, however since I noticed that the opportunities here are slowly drying up, I thought I would contact topguest after my Hilton honors points stopped posting back on 3/23/12. I had checked into my local doubletree every day since them. So I figured I had nothing to lose and emailed topguest. I got a reply in 24 hours from Tom CSR at Topguest. He explained somehow my HH account got unlinked and that he would take care of fixing it and I should get my points in the next 48hours. Of course I also expected to have my account closed since I check in to multiple hotels daily. But to my surprise the next day 2900 hh points posted to my account and have continued posting daily for the last week or so. I surely hope it continues.

icurhere2 likes this.
  18. bearcat74

bearcat74 Silver Member

Status Points:
    After reading your post I decided to do the same since TG is losing partners left and right and I had not had any Hilton post from TG to Hilton since late May. I would usually always be of the opinion above to not wake the sleeping bear. Got reply within 1 working day from same person with the same response. Missing Hilton points were in my Hilton account within hours.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  19. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like Topguest needs to get their sales people back out at clients. There are a ton of other companies that deal in points or miles and who says it has to be 25 or 50. They could do 5 or 10 and I'd like it.

20. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Topguest was acquired last year and I suspect it's been running more or less on auto-pilot since then. Just see the activity on the log or twitter account. I was surprised they had signed up as a sponsor of the Freddies. Maybe that was just a long-standing contract, thoug. Did anyone talk to any Topguest reps at the event about their future plans?

21. cliq

cliq Silver Member

Status Points:
    Bummer, I am suspecting same thing from IHG any time soon... recent check-ins havent posted on either BW, Hilton or IHG hotels that I have been

22. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    BW is officially dead. Doubletree and IHG still work.

23. cliq

cliq Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting... just checked my PC account and it seems the IHG hotels posted. Recently was staying at Hilton Antwerp & guess no points from that check-in.

24. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Only Doubletree properties work.

25. cliq

cliq Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh I see... thanks for the info :D