Topguest.com and Harrahs...

Discussion in 'Other Loyalty Programs' started by mikeef, May 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. mikeef
    Original Member

mikeef Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not particularly tech savvy, so excuse my weak explanation below, but I ran across topguest.com in the ICH forum and noticed that Harrah's offers points.

Essentially, the way TG works is that you download a program to your mobile and link it to foursquare, facebook places, etc Then, when you go to a participating place, you check in and topguest credits you with points at the respective program.

Harrah's Las Vegas is a participating program and, apparently, you can get 50 points per day per property, up to 250 points per day, at Harrah's properties. Plus, you have a 1/10 chance from now until May 9 to win 500 bonus points.

From what I've seen in the ICH forum, these guys are pretty good at tracking location, so don't try to check in to the Rio from Boston, but for those of you who are in Las Vegas, this looks like an awfully good opportunity to earn easy points.

Mike

2. wheat27
    Original Member

wheat27 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is pretty awesome. I'll definitely be getting some free stuff on the next Vegas trip.

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  3. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks like this deal expired mid-October. Total Rewards is still listed as a TopGuest partner but the points aren't posting.

4. krisknisely

krisknisely New Member

Status Points:
    Topguest.com does have rewards for other programs right now Wingate, Virgin America, Best Western and a few others. Some even offer "sign-on" bonuses for joining their rewards programs... don't know how long it will take to get something useful but 50+ free points a day is worth checking it out for me.

5. futboller

futboller Silver Member

Status Points:
    I check in an MGM property in Las Vegas this past weekend and received United points via Topguest. Is there some sort of connection that I am not aware of?

6. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    As far as I know Harrah's isn't currently giving points via topguest but I could be wrong. I have been able to collect MGM Mlife points at circus circus locations however. Not sure they are worth much. Also I think United and Virgin are the only two airlines doing it. You have to typically check in at an airport terminal they service. Also a bunch of hotels work on there as well. Not a bad way to pick up a few points and keep some accounts active.

7. Realzil

Realzil Active Member

Status Points:
    It looks like priority club pulled out as 1 February. It's too bad too I had over 10,000 points last year alone.