TopCashBack 2% back on VISA GC one day only - 4/29/2013.

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by Surface Interval, Apr 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Surface Interval
    Original Member

Surface Interval Silver Member

Status Points:
    Top Cash Back is giving 2% back on VISA gift cards purchased through the GiftCardMall - today only. The more you buy the less you pay for shipping as they use a sliding scale. For example if you buy $5000 (5x $1k card) worth, you net approximately $70 depending on the shipping method. Free miles are great - getting paid is even better. These VISA GC's allow for use of PIN's to cash out at WM or similar via MO's. I bought some when they were offering 1.5% back and cashed them out via Money orders.

Don't have a TopCashBack account? Please use my referral link.

2. serverus

serverus Member

Status Points:
    Just curious, where do you see the option to buy $1k cards? $500 is the max I can see.

3. Surface Interval
    Original Member

Status Points:
    The $1k cards have been over the last couple of weeks - and were this AM. I bought around $10k of the $1k cards this AM. Now they show $500. I guess the demand was too high. The $500 cards are still a good deal, just not as good as the $1k; i.e., you still get money back for buying miles!

4. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Or....they nuked the $1k cards in lieu of the 0.5% extra cash back today!

Surface Interval likes this.
  5. Surface Interval
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yea, just about a wash + $1.05. These are scheduled to be 1.5% tomorrow/Wed, 1% from Thursday on. So you get money back through Wed, then they start to cost (a little bit). You can still buy Chase gift cards for free (no fee, no shipping); but have to use a Chase card. I would not want to get too many of those and risk making Chase unhappy.

6. karlmitchell

karlmitchell Silver Member

Status Points:
    I suspect they were taken aback by the amount of people buying them at $1000. Still, I went ahead and bought two at $500, making a tiny profit in addition to all the gained miles and getting closer to a spend threshold.

My previous $1000 gift card loaded onto my bluebird no problem at the local Walmart Neighbourhood Market Money Center (no kiosk, but no lines either), which is en route to work. Given the lack of Vanilla Reloads in CVSs near where I live, this is way easier for me than Vanilla Reloads, even with $500 limits.