Top Elite HHonors Properties

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by servus, Feb 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. servus
    Original Member

servus Silver Member

Status Points:
    Many of us know that the sign "Waldorf=Astoria" isn't a guarantee for the ultimate luxury, comfort and customer care. There are also Hiltons, Doubletrees and even Hamptons always going the extra mile for every single guest. I'm certain everybody over here knows the meaning of "Top Elite", so please feel free to "award" this recognition to these HHonors properties where you had your most enjoyable stay and would love to return right away!

I'll update this post on a regular basis, so you can see right away if your property has already been mentioned before. I would like to encourage you to post your "vote" even if your property is already on the list. This just underlines the outstanding service of this property. However, I would highly appreciate if someone's vote doesn't lead to an endless discussion about the pros and cons of a single property. This should be discussed in the appropriate property specific thread [as soon as it is available].

Thank you!

iloveawardtravel, uggboy and RAPC like this.
  2. servus
    Original Member

servus Silver Member

Status Points:
    Africa

Most recognized propetry in Africa as of February 2011: Hilton Seychelles

Hilton Seychelles, Seychelles nominated by nime01 and Tenmoc

Asia / Pacific

Most recognized propetry in Asia / Pacific as of February 2011: Conrad Tokyo, Japan

Conrad Bali, Indonesia nominated by JDiver
    Conrad Bangkok, Thailand nominated by restlessinRNO, Mrs. Fredd and Tenmoc
    Conrad Hong Kong nominated by tcswede, TexasT, sagefemme52, AlaskaAir738, JDiver and flytoeat
    Conrad Centennial Singapore nominated by gvdIAD, restlessinRNO, Mrs. Fredd and JDiver
    Conrad Tokyo, Japan nominated by PerdoNY, RAPC, socaflyer, Hilsland, newbluesea and JDiver
    Hilton Beijing, China nominated by adexpert
    Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, China nominated by JDiver
    Hilton Dubai Jumeira Resort, U.A.E. nominated by chitownflyer
    Hilton Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia nominated by TRAVELSIG and Tenmoc
    Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, Australia nominated by gvdIAD
    Hilton Moorea Lagoon & Spa, French Polynesia nominated by Mrs. Fredd and Pete
    Hilton On The Park Melbourne, Australia nominated by wombat18
    Hilton Osaka, Japan nominated by gemac
    Hilton Tokyo, Japan nominated by chitownflyer and thegrailer
    Millenium Hilton Bangkok, Thailand nominated by Rambuster, thegrailer and JDiver

Europe

Most recognized propetry in Europe as of February 2011: Hitlon Arc de Triomphe, Paris, France

Conrad Istanbul, Turkey nominated by JDiver
    Hilton Amsterdam, Netherlands nominated by PerdoNY
    Hilton Arc de Triomphe Paris, France nominated by newbluesea, AlaskaAir738, Gary72 and Tenmoc
    Hilton Berlin, Germany nominated by DrG
    Hilton Copenhagen Airport, Denmark nominated by Gary72
    Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona, Spain nominated by newbluesea
    Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik, Croatia nominated by newbluesea
    Hilton Istanbul, Turkey nominated by JDiver
    Hilton London Kensington, UK nominated by RAPC
    Hilton Lyon, France nominated by newbluesea
    Hilton Madrid Airport, Spain nominated by SAN-man
    Hilton Malta, Malta nominated by AHN
    Hilton Munich City, Germany nominated by thegrailer
    Hilton Paris Charles De Gaule Airport, France nominated by Ohana42
    Hilton Prague, Czech Republic nominated by servus
    Hilton Sorrento Palace, Italy nominated by newbluesea
    Hilton Warsaw, Poland nominated by servus
    Waldorf=Astoria - Rome Cavallieri, Italy nominated by chitownflyer, newbluesea, treznor, AlaskaAir738 and flytoeat

Waldorf=Astoria - The Bentley, London, UK - nominated by Tenmoc

US

Most recognized propetry in US as of February 2011: Hilton Waikoloa Village, Big Island, HI

Doubletree Guest Suites Anaheim Resort, CA nominated by Fredd
    Doubletree Hotel Denver - North, CO nominated by mowogo
    Hampton Inn Peoria-East, IL nominated by it'ship2b^2
    Hampton Inn & Suites Vicksburg, MS noninated by U600213
    Hilton Daytona Beach, FL nominated by Jim
    Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Hotel & Resort, FL nominated by newbluesea
    Hilton New Orleans Riverside, LA nominated by Mike1625 and endodoc79
    Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, WI nominated by thegrailer
    Hilton Waikoloa Village, Big Island, HI nominated by endodoc79, PedroNY and Gary72
    Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, VA - nominated by Tenmoc
    Hilton San Francisco Union Square, CA nominated by endodoc79
    Hilton Garden Inn LAX / El Segundo, CA nominated by surffnutt3001 and gobears86
    Millenium Hilton New York, NY, US nominated by flytoeat
    The Beverly Hilton, Berverly Hills, CA nominated by chitownflyer
    Waldorf=Astoria, New York, NY nominated by Nicole Blaess-Smith
    Waldorf=Astoria - Grand Wailea Resort, Maui, HI nominated by chitownflyer and Omar's_Coming

riverchica, uggboy, AHN and 1 other person like this.
  3. Jim
    Original Member

Jim Silver Member

Status Points:
    One of my favorites has always been Hilton Daytona Beach. Always an upgraded room, often a suite. Always a fresh fruit and cheese tray with wine. Always two full breakfast buffet certs, never have to ask for anything. (But then I stay there 15 times a year.)

servus and Dovster like this.
  4. Mike1625
    Original Member

Mike1625 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I may not have enough experience to compare a ton of Hiltons, but as a gold, my favorite one is the Hilton New Orleans Riverside ...... love the lounge (view, breakfast, happy hour that can easily be dinner, soda and snacks all day). I find it active but not overcrowded when I have visited.

servus likes this.
  5. DrG
    Original Member

DrG Gold Member

Status Points:
    My favorite to date is the Hilton Berlin. They have a quality lounge with good offerings. Excellent breakfast. Very good location with easy access to the U-Bahn.

servus likes this.
  6. Rambuster
    Original Member

Rambuster Silver Member

Status Points:
    Millenium Hilton BKK must be high on the list.
    They always treat me like a VIP, but of course I do stay there a lot and most staff know my name. :eek: (and I know theirs)

servus likes this.
  7. adexpert
    Original Member

adexpert Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hilton Beijing has consistently treated me quite well. Very friendly staff, great lounge, etc.

servus likes this.
  8. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Doubletree Denver North. They have made me feel welcome, the food is wonderful, and the lounge really fosters a sense of community, while not forcing you to be a part of it if you just want to get your drinks and a snack

servus likes this.
  9. Conrad HKG
    always a treat - long term staff that make you feel at home everytime you get there. Have gone their since it openend 14 years ago. The views from the Exec Lounge are excellent. one of the few places still serving Champagne - Bollinger NV last time I was there - during Happy Hour.

Cheers

Thomas

uggboy and servus like this.
  10. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    What do you think of the area around the hotel? I may go down for a weekend, and would love more insights into what makes this property great.

uggboy likes this.
  11. Mike1625
    Original Member

Mike1625 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Edited : I originally had a pro/con property discussion here. Realized it wasn't the best place. Started new thread on the property http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/hilton-new-orleans-riverside.1633/

servus likes this.
  12. SAN-man
    Original Member

SAN-man Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm a recent Hilton convert, so I don't have many to compare to yet, but of those I've visited I love the Hilton Madrid Airport. In 3 stays there, I've always gotten great recognition and upgraded rooms as a Diamond, even on special government rates. The lounge there is fantastic, with food that can easily be a light dinner (well, it's Spain, so consider it a tapas dinner) with drinks. Breakfast is excellent, with a full buffet complimentary in the restaurant. And even the standard rooms there are very well done and incredibly spacious for Europe. Quick and easy shuttle to Barajas too.

iloveawardtravel, uggboy and servus like this.
  13. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Beach (great Executive lounge and amazing breakfast buffet). Nice location on the walk section of Jumeirah beach.

Waldorf Grand Wailea Maui. This is one of the most spectacular hotels I have visited. The grounds are amazing, and you can sit and watch the ocean view all day long. Humhumu restaurant has excellent seafood.

Waldorf Rome Cavalieri. This hotel is a classic European style hotel and even has its own million dollar artworks on the ground floor.

Hiton Tokyo Shinjuku. The Executive lounge at this hotel is great, and they even bring up the bartender from downstairs to mix cocktails during evening drink service. Does a Martini or Bellini sound good?

Beverly Hilton. The location and grounds are great.​

iloveawardtravel, uggboy and servus like this.
  14. endodoc79
    Original Member

endodoc79 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hilton New Orleans Riverside for the wonderul lounge and concierge staff- some of the best we've found, also an excellent health club.

Hilton Waikoloa for the awesome location and outstanding Asian art that can be admired throughout the property.

Hilton San Fransisco for the breathtaking view from the lounge of one of the most beautiful harbors in the lower 48 before they closed it

YULtide and servus like this.
  15. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hilton Osaka. Very good physical property, excellent lounge, good sushi. For breakfast, you can order anything you like, they will make it up for you. Located across the street from the Osaka train station, so very convenient for sightseeing this area of Japan.

16. Hilton Garden Inn LAX (El Segundo, CA)

gobears86 and servus like this.
  17. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hilton KL

18. wombat18
    Original Member

wombat18 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like Hilton On The Park Melbourne - the view from the lounge is amazing (particularly on an evening gameday), it is located next to a park (for those of us who like to snuffle around the plants and trees!), the concierge staff are helpful, and the updated rooms are crisp, modern, and clean.

19. TexasT
    Original Member

TexasT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Another vote for the Conrad in Hong Kong!

20. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    Conrad Tokyo
    Hilton Waikoloa Village (Big Island Hawai'i)
    Hilton Amsterdam

21. Ohana42
    Original Member

Ohana42 Active Member

Status Points:
    I was impressed with the Paris Hilton Charles DeGaulle. It's an airport location, but didn't feel like your typical airport holdover. Wonderful food. Great lounge with a view of the Concorde. Loved it.

22. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had forgotten this one, as it has been almost 10 years since I stayed there for just one night. It is very well appointed, and the restaurant is indeed quite good. Probably the best airport hotel I have ever stayed at.

uggboy likes this.
  23. RAPC
    Original Member

RAPC Silver Member

Status Points:
    Another vote for the Conrad in Tokyo. I stayed there last year when HH Gold and had booked two rooms for 3 nights using Q3FNs. The hotel upgraded both rooms to the Executive level for the stay and looked after us extremely well. A great property and still probably my favourite hotel within the program.

My other suggestion is one that probably won't be front of mind for too many people would be the Hilton Kensington in London. It is one of the cheaper London properties, but even on the cheapest AAA rates, the hotel has always upgraded me to at least the Executive rooms, or quite commonly to a suite. This has been the case as both a Gold member and as a Diamond for the past 9 months. On a stay a few weeks ago I was allocated their Presidential Suite and previous to that I've usually received at least a Junior Suite. They are certainly happy to allocate their suites out to HHonors members.

24. Nicole Blaess-Smith
    Original Member

Nicole Blaess-Smith Silver Member

Status Points:
    I love the Waldorf=Astoria on Park Ave, NY. I've stayed in both the regular hotel and in the botique apartments and on both occassions had a great stay.

The staff have gone out of their way to help me (even when arriving at 2am, jetlagged, from Australia), assisted me with any and all arrangements for getting around town/interstate/little towns no one had heard of, sending 20kg packages to Australia and organising tickets for events or theatre shows.
    And throughout all of my stays I have found it impeccably cleaned (both rooms and 'common' areas).

Hats off to you Waldorf=Astoria!

PS - Despite hearing the stories about bed bugs recently, I still plan on booking to stay with them for a week later this year!

uggboy, wombat18 and servus like this.
  25. AHN
    Original Member

AHN Silver Member

Status Points:
    I love the Hilton Malta. Every room has a private balcony facing the Mediterranean, there is an excellent lounge which also has a number of balconies. The pool is lovely and the treatment of elites is top notch.