Top Destinations to Visit in 2012

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by rwoman, Oct 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Top Destinations to Visit in 2012

I can definitely recommend Greenwich. :) It's a neat part of London. When I have visitors, I recommend taking the Tube to Greenwich (Maritime Museum, Prime Meridian, etc.) and then take the open top boat tour from there to Westminster...great pictures on a nice day!

2. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm of the mind that the top destinations are the ones we haven't yet visited, and we're looking forward to visiting SE Asia (DPS, SGN and HAN) for the first time this year (on award tickets, natch). :)

cennas, jmrich1432 and uggboy like this.
  3. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    As a half-Japanese traveler, I have to sadly disagree with Fukuoka's inclusion on the list. There are many much more interesting cities outside of the earthquake zone in Japan. Fukuoka is, IMHO, rather dull. I was just there in June.

4. Santander

Santander Silver Member

Status Points:
    I actually quite liked Fukuoka when I was there. I stayed there for a while on my way to Tsushima and I didn't really get bored. It's a nice change to Tokyo or Osaka. Tsushima on the other hand... looking back I'm not entirely sure why I went there.

I don't really agree with Chongqing's inclusion in the list. It is certainly a very interesting city, but there are so many places in China I'd go to after Beijing and Shanghai, such as Hangzhou or Qingdao. Maybe it's just because I'm not very interested in Western China.

5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I was done with Fukuoka in a day. The next two I spent thinking and researching things to keep me interested. There are some nice things to see (Fukuoka castle ruins, Yahoo! Dome, the art museum, etc) but I'd still contend it's a bit of a sleepy town with little to see. Much better places in Japan to visit.

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Awesome -- Kansas City is only a long, long regional jet flight away from San Francisco :)