Top 40 brands in Canada include AC,AT and WJA

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by guinnessxyz, Apr 30, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. http://www.canadianbusiness.com/canadian-brand-top-40-ranking/

Based on a recent experience my wife had with WJA I would not rank them anywhere near the top. They completely screwed up a codeshare res. that was hell on wheels to resolve.

As for AC even being in the top 40 I would suggest that is quite a feat considering where people had them say 5 years ago. Management is obviously doing some things right.

sobore likes this.
  2. tcook052
    Original Member

tcook052 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Guess Rogue, sorry Rouge, didn't crack the top 40.

Way to go TS making the list at #16. No surprises WS #2.

3. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ah yes, #30/40 and the usual...the glass is half full for AC and half empty for WJ reply...one expects no less here.

tcook052 likes this.
  4. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice to see Timmy Hortons doesn't lose their place at #1.

I often wonder when I see such surveys if the real issue is that a lot of people surveyed don't even know more than 20-30 brands. BC Hydro as a canada wide brand? Really?

guinnessxyz likes this.
  5. FACTS ARE FACTS. MY wife booked a code share with WJA and DL. The DL flight showed on the res but never had the DL PNR which was part of the return flight. It took several phone calls and some pretty basic stupidity on the part of WJA to get it resolved. They were polite but out of their league in trying to deal with it.

6. Just bear in mind that past present or future advertising revenue is in play when all these "best of" reports come out.

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  7. YEGman

YEGman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Usual stuff.:eek:

YULtide likes this.
  8. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    Some of it is a bit bizarre....for example Potash is on the list, but Rogers and Bell aren't. I'm not sure what this ranking is supposed to mean.

9. tcook052
    Original Member

tcook052 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah as we know there never is any codeshare problems whatsoever with AC and its many partners. :rolleyes:

Stephan likes this.
  10. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
    And of course, as everyone knows, one data point naturally generalizes to the entire operation!;)

11. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Excellent point.

guinnessxyz likes this.
  12. tcook052
    Original Member

tcook052 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Like AC doesn't advertise lots? Odd I don't hear that bias claim from some posters when AC is winning awards from outfits like Skytrax.

13. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, well those are "serious" awards - reflective of true business acumen don't you know!

14. tcook052
    Original Member

tcook052 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, I know the routine by now: when AC does poorly in polls or rankings the apologists blame it on a multitude of external factors but when it wins one occasionally it was so totally deserved.

15. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
    What a cynic:) No surprise WS is at #2, as you say.

16. Odd that those with virtually no AC travel experience are experts on the awards or levels of service provided. Those that fly with them very regularly usually vote positively about the service levels in the last few years. And many many passenger surveys are done by the airline using independent polling/survey companies to figure out pax needs and wants. They are far from perfect but vastly improved.

17. And the vast personal experience that allows this comment is?

18. WJA has finally acknowledged the screw up even without a formal follow up complaint. They have offered a one way 50% discount to one location. Better than a kick in the groin and an acknowledgement of guilt, which is all my wife really wanted.

19. tcook052
    Original Member

tcook052 Silver Member

Status Points:
    How many years have we all been hearing that? Too many to count. It's like the familiar Cubs refrain of 'next year, next year'. :rolleyes:

20. tcook052
    Original Member

tcook052 Silver Member

Status Points:
    A vast personal experience of handling AC and it's partner codeshares when things go wrong to know it happens to all airlines. WS is far from perfect with their codeshare reservations but are vastly improving.

21. AC does cruises now? :rolleyes:

22. Yawn....the peanut gallery is shouting more nonsense again.:(

Back to the ignore bin you go.

23. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Let's see...WS agents were polite and acted on the error and then even acknowledged it and offered some reasonable compensation even though she never actually had an in-flight issue. Sounds like a pretty reasonable response worthy of some acknowledgement and obvious potential for a future with even better customer service experiences to come.

Oh wait... It wasn't AC, so it was naturally a complete screw-up and indicative of a system wide inferior product!

I'd be willing to bet, that if it had been AC, we'd now be suffering through numerous retorts extolling the proactive virtues of AC reps in dealing with coddled SEs! Yawn..to each their own.:rolleyes:

24. tcook052
    Original Member

tcook052 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yup, you really can't change some AC apologists spots. Age spots, blind spots... :D

25. Another character who doesn't fly AC as often as many here. I have never had AC drop a segment on any code share, direct flight or otherwise after booking and payment was complete.
    There are many things they get right that some can't/won't acknowledge. Head in the sand is the perfect description for that persona.