Top 10 World's Best Airports 2012 (PHOTOS, Complete List)

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Apr 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/334680/20120429/2012-top-10-world-s-best-airports.htm

[​IMG]Skytrax 2012 World Airport Awards Announced: Top 10 Best Airports In The World (PHOTOS, Complete List)

Skytarx, the most prestigious brand associated with the recognition and reviews of air travel standards worldwide, has recently released the annual report of the World Airline Awards and World Airport Awards.

The coveted 2012 World Airport Awards were announced April 19 at a ceremony held at the Passenger Terminal EXPO in Vienna, Austria.

Out of 388 airports surveyed worldwide, Incheon International Airport in Seoul ranks number one, followed by Singapore's Changi Airport, Hong Kong International Airport, Amsterdam's Schiphol, Beijing Capital International Airport, Munich, Zurich, Kula Lumpur, Vancouver and Central Japan International Airport.

"Looking across the entire survey, Incheon International Airport achieved top-5 finishes in eight out of ten eligible categories, which is a remarkable vote of confidence by airline travelers in standards being delivered at Incheon International Airport" SKYTRAX chairman Edward Plaisted said.

"Aside from the inherent benefit that many of these airports have in the most modern infrastructure and terminal facilities, the real differentiator that comes across in customer feedback is that the service culture across these Asian airports is very often at a much higher quality level, and most importantly delivers in a consistent manner," Plaisted said in a press statement.

Read More: http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/334680/20120429/2012-top-10-world-s-best-airports.htm

rwoman and LIH Prem like this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am a huge fan of AMS...will be glad to see it in, oh, 58 days when I'm on my way home from AFG!! :D

3. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Not much to argue with on the list. I've stayed at 4 out of the 10 Best Airport Hotels though!

4. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I at least always found Skytrax silly and shallow.

downhillcrasher likes this.
  5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I tend to find most rankings/awards to be limited in their accuracy/relevancy. Eg, last week's list of favorite airports in the US by Tripadvisor:

Top 5 Favorite U.S. Airports:

Orlando International Airport, Florida
    Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Georgia
    Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, Texas
    San Francisco International Airport, California
    Charlotte Douglas International Airport, North Carolina

http://ir.tripadvisor.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=667098

6. Santander

Santander Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any Best Airports list with MCO in it is a joke. :D

I don't take Skytrax very seriously but it's hard to argue with most of the list... ICN, SIN and HKG are all in a class of their own and AMS is the shining star of Europe. I'm not really sure what PEK is doing in there though, it's pretty much a bunch of huge uninspiring buildings with few amenities inside and extensive delays. Other than being perhaps the cleanest public building in Beijing, I don't think PEK is really worthy of any honours. NRT and SFO are more worthy than PEK imo.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.