Too soon for a new Chase card?

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by TravelBear, Jul 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have had the Chase Sapphire card for sometime now <well over a year> and maybe two months ago Hyatt card. Today in the mail I received an offer for the United MileagePlus for the "up to 65k bonus miles" offer.

So my question.....since I got the mail offer, is it too soon to apply? I don't want a credit pull if they are going to reject me anyway. Does this constitute a call? I am thinking I should call them.

2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I read somewhere else that Chase/United Marketing & Credit dept work independent of each other. Just because you got an offer does not mean you'll automatically get approved for the new card that the mrkt dept offered you. They'll still pull your credit and evaluate you. As such however; if you got the Hyatt ~60day ago and you have a good relationship with Chase & good credit just apply. If they decline; just call them.

I got a the sapphire/southwest card in about 14 days and then 2 weeks later got approved for an ink card. Granted I will not be applying for any chase card for a while it is possible.

traveler likes this.
  3. PointsCashMiles

PointsCashMiles Silver Member

Status Points:
    In the past when I've applied for more than one Chase card in 90 days or less I've had to call to get the new card approved. I've never been denied after calling in but I have had to offer to adjust credit lines or cancel a different card if I had too many Chase cards overall.

traveler likes this.
  4. traveler
    Original Member

traveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    The only card I really had to fight for was the one " I received a targeted offer for the 100K BA card... the first time around" it took 4 phone calls but I finally got approved. I have lost track of how many Chase cards I have had since but I currently have 3 open. If you do apply- don't take no for an answer, call and call back if you have to.

5. snugglening

snugglening Silver Member

Status Points:
    No a month free of credit pulls you should be OK. Also not that Chase marketing offers does not me you auto qualify it just means you meet there criteria to have a offer. I was able to get Chase Saph, Freedom, Ink all in one month,but I had to call.

6. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Chase send me lots of offers - even tho they have apparently blackballed me for years:(:mad:

Kalboz likes this.
  7. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Marketing and credit are different dept. maybe try again? And if unsuccessful tell them to stop spamming you?

NickM_LA likes this.