Tokyo Haneda Suspension 22MAR11 - 30MAY11

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by jimyvr, Mar 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jimyvr
    Original Member

jimyvr Active Member

Status Points:
    Due to Earthquake in Japan, DELTA announced it is suspending Tokyo Haneda service starting 22MAR11 till 30MAY11.

It'll be focusing on operation at Narita at this moment. British Airways has announced it is canceling Haneda flight for 1 week only from 17 to 22MAR11.

2. DYKWIA
    Original Member

DYKWIA Silver Member

Status Points:
    interesting

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    To me this makes sense as Haneda is oriented toward travel to/from Tokyo or other destinations within Japan. The NRT hub serves intra-Asia connections, many of which involve destinations that should not be significantly affected by the quake and its aftermath. Air travel to Japan is way down now and it isn't at all clear when demand will return.

DeltaExpert and wanderwoman like this.
  4. wanderwoman
    Original Member

wanderwoman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have a HND flight on the 24th. Need to do some research as to when/where to go. Hotels are filling up at other destinations such as KIX, NGO, etc. Fare is highly discounted so don't want to cancel the ticket when I can rebook with no fees within certain guidelines.

5. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am booked to fly LAX-HND on the 24th returning on the 27th.... When I went online, everything still shows as if the HND flight is still scheduled to operate as planned [​IMG]

Guess, DL will have another customer flooding the phone lines.

6. Scott Weinberg
    Original Member

Scott Weinberg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, it was too many people is trying to rebooked for next available trip. They will have reissued the ticketed for the future trip. Unfortunately, it was very extremely disappointed the news to hear. DL will be suspended service LAX/DTW-HND until the further notice.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  7. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    Completely agree