Tokyo and Seoul

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Efilon87, Nov 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Greetings,
    I am going to Beijing in February and I have two long layovers. On the way over, I am flying into Haneda and flying out of Narita. I have 12 hours in Japan and my flight lands at 5:30am local time (Monday). On the way back I fly into Seoul-Incheon and have a 6 hour layover, I land at 1:45pm local time (Sunday).

Any ideas of where I should visit on my layovers? I know that by the time I get out of the HND airport, I will only have about 8 hours of tourism time before I have to head to NRT to check into my departing flight. I guess the same would be for ICN. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

NickM_LA

2. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just be aware that ICN is about a 45-60 min trip from Seoul, so you wouldn't have more than a 2-3 hours max to explore (budget about 2 hours transit to/from Seoul, another 1-2 hours for immigration/passport control. Still enough time to see a few things, although it's been a while since I've been there (for sightseeing purposes, anyway)