To 'vape' or not to 'vape'. (Is that really a question?)

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by gregm, Apr 15, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    blackjack-21 and Newscience like this.
  2. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been told, by those on both sides of that reinforced door, that many break the rules themselves. E-cigs in the cockpit and lavs are probably not as uncommon as we think.

blackjack-21 likes this.
  3. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not fair at all for those of us who are struggling with a nicotine fit on a lengthy flight and who play by the rules of not smoking when not smoking is called for. And we wouldn't even consider those electric cigs, even if they hadn't warned about the risks of using them. I'm getting real tired of sucking my thumb for hours at a time while cruising at 39,582 feet and now you tell me that the crew didn't notice someone using an e-cig for the entire flight?

Must've been the vapors blinding them to the location of where it was coming from! :rolleyes:

4. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    I personally don't have a problem with it. I'd prefer a real cig, but that isn't gonna happen. Now if I'm gonna vape, there better be something stronger than nicotine in there!

blackjack-21 likes this.
  5. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been able to control the urge to puff for up to and slightly beyond a nine hour flight so far, but it's not fun or easy, and look out after the flight, with the long walk to C + I somewhere, and then a wait for a suitcase to arrive, followed by a dash for the exit doors at the terminal with a quick look for the signs telling us how far to be from those doors, to then light up with as many cigs as I figured I'd missed during the flight to make up for lost time.

It's much easier with the shorter trips, like to LAS with only just over four hours, at which time I'll join the crowds outside the terminal who are busily clouding those clear blue skies with their own clouds of smoke as they too make up for lost time aloft.

So if you happen to see someone on your frequent travels who's racing to the exit doors of a terminal (at my age nearly impossible), ciggie in hand, lighter in pocket at the ready, who then finally outside lights up so many cigs at once that there may be smoke eminating from more orifices then you'd ever thought possible, with a cig in each ear, nostril and several in his mouth, just pretend you don't notice the large cloud I've caused along with the still many others who are enjoying their first return to civilization, such as it is.

gregm likes this.